Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adoption and Foster Care (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521799)

FindingMercy 06-03-2013 09:52 AM

June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

I'll start up a fresh one for the summer.

Beth. 06-03-2013 10:31 AM

Re: June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

Good that baby has a different dad. Hopefully new baby does not have the same health problems A has. That stuff is hard enough to manage for those of us prepared to parent. I can't imagine not being in a good place with jobs, insurance, family support, etc trying to manage medical needs.

Good luck on the other stuff. Maybe guardianship if she decides she doesn't want to parent? Then you can get baby home and do the home study and ICPC after the fact? I have heard of other families doing this.

FindingMercy 06-03-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth. (Post 16647402)
Good that baby has a different dad. Hopefully new baby does not have the same health problems A has. That stuff is hard enough to manage for those of us prepared to parent. I can't imagine not being in a good place with jobs, insurance, family support, etc trying to manage medical needs.

Good luck on the other stuff. Maybe guardianship if she decides she doesn't want to parent? Then you can get baby home and do the home study and ICPC after the fact? I have heard of other families doing this.

Didn't even think of that as an option. I'll have to look into how that would work with living in different states and everything.

I'm also thrilled it's a different dad. After everything we went through with A's biodad...ugh...no thanks.

Msheidiann 06-03-2013 11:39 AM

Finding mercy it has to be so hard waiting for her to make a decision!

I have been sort of MIA just trying to get through the rest of this appeal period. I had to step away for a while because it was very difficult to see people finalizing so quickly. Good news is that the court has accepted the paperwork and everything is correct. We get to call to book the date July 8! Hoping to finalize by end of July.

FindingMercy 06-03-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msheidiann (Post 16647577)
Finding mercy it has to be so hard waiting for her to make a decision!

I have been sort of MIA just trying to get through the rest of this appeal period. I had to step away for a while because it was very difficult to see people finalizing so quickly. Good news is that the court has accepted the paperwork and everything is correct. We get to call to book the date July 8! Hoping to finalize by end of July.

YAY!!! I've wondered where you were. It's about time for the end to be in sight for you. We will throw you a cyber party. I'll eat lots of cake in your honor.

dalynn1997 06-03-2013 02:24 PM

We are kind if in limbo too. NB turned 1 last week and his paperwork is just sitting on someone's desk. He has been TPRd since Jan 17tg with zero progress.

Then Hope is still with us for now. They have done the home study for her aunt but she hasn't turned her paperwork in so we wait. Also they are now looking into a potential bdad. I've seen a picture and I'm pretty sure he's her dad. We will be doing DNA testing soon. Who knows what will happen if he ends up being her dad. This case keeps getting crazier!!!!

FindingMercy 06-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalynn1997 (Post 16648095)
We are kind if in limbo too. NB turned 1 last week and his paperwork is just sitting on someone's desk. He has been TPRd since Jan 17tg with zero progress.

Then Hope is still with us for now. They have done the home study for her aunt but she hasn't turned her paperwork in so we wait. Also they are now looking into a potential bdad. I've seen a picture and I'm pretty sure he's her dad. We will be doing DNA testing soon. Who knows what will happen if he ends up being her dad. This case keeps getting crazier!!!!

A biodad...now??? And seriously, I just cannot believe that this aunt actually wants her. She has had soooo much time and just seems to be sitting on her hands. If she really wanted her, she would have her by now.

Denni 06-03-2013 07:36 PM

We are still waiting to see if our Province will allow us to adopt our Foster daughter. Her parents rights were terminated on January 24th and still we wait. We have had her with us for almost a year and we did respite for her since she came into care a year and a half ago.
We are starting to lose hope that we will get her. My husband and I have a sinking feeling that her worker is dragging their heels on a psych evaluation because they want her in the general adoption pool as a child with out additional needs. I want to bang my head because we have stated time after time we would adopt her no matter what her needs turn out to be.
I love reading this forum it helps me feel less alone in this crazy system.

Robin 06-03-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denni (Post 16648984)
We are still waiting to see if our Province will allow us to adopt our Foster daughter. Her parents rights were terminated on January 24th and still we wait. We have had her with us for almost a year and we did respite for her since she came into care a year and a half ago.
We are starting to lose hope that we will get her. My husband and I have a sinking feeling that her worker is dragging their heels on a psych evaluation because they want her in the general adoption pool as a child with out additional needs. I want to bang my head because we have stated time after time we would adopt her no matter what her needs turn out to be.
I love reading this forum it helps me feel less alone in this crazy system.

I'm so sorry. I would think they would want her to be with the parents she has known so long? Sometimes I think caseworkers lose sight of what CPS is supposed to be about - what is best for the kids. :hugs:

katiejack 06-03-2013 09:49 PM

We are done with our foster classes and see the licensing worker for the last time tomorrow! :). A good friend just dropped off a ton of baby boy clothes, blankets, baby food, etc. She got it for free through a swap site! Now, on to look for girl clothes! :)