Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Breast or bottle in a restaurant? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524400)

peep_erz 06-13-2013 09:56 PM

Breast or bottle in a restaurant?

My DD finally took a bottle with no problem tonight so now we have the option of bottle feeding when wanted/needed.

This brings me to the question, when you go to a restaurant do you bring a bottle with you or do you breast feed? I don't mind breastfeeding in public but so far I have only done so in the car or the doctors office. I haven't tried at a restaurant yet and I don't know how graceful I'll be doing it. I think a bottle might be easier but I have "breast is best" in my head.

tinyblackdot 06-13-2013 10:20 PM

It's whatever you are comfortable with mama!

I breastfeed really exclusively. I'm not opposed to bottles I'm just lazy and never have time to pump lol. But when I do BF in public I use a cover, I'm just more comfortable that way.

tmwmommy 06-13-2013 10:22 PM

I nurse everywhere. Much easier than trying to warm up milk in public! And in a booth it's pretty easy to be discreet.

Namiko 06-13-2013 10:48 PM

Re: Breast or bottle in a restaurant?

I only use a bottle when we are having someone else babysit DD. Other than that I just use my cover wherever we happen to be. I admit the first couple times I felt awkward but now it's just so convenient!

Sarah-B 06-13-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namiko
I only use a bottle when we are having someone else babysit DD. Other than that I just use my cover wherever we happen to be. I admit the first couple times I felt awkward but now it's just so convenient!

This is me too

D's Mutti 06-13-2013 11:05 PM

In a restaurant, I'll BF but use a cover due to all the distractions mostly. Everywhere else I tend to not worry about the cover as my son just tries to take it off anyway.

You should do whatever you are comfortable with.

qsefthuko 06-13-2013 11:09 PM

Since I never gave bottles to my kiddos and have never gotten much from pumping(except with baby 2 I was really just playing around with the pump) I always breastfeed if needed in public. Even at restaurants. Just don't sit at booths. It is too hard to nurse in those seats.

TobinsTreasures 06-14-2013 12:31 AM

Straight from the tap!

2+2macht4 06-14-2013 12:43 AM

I breastfeed whereever I am even in restraunts and I do not use a cover. If people are offended by a nursing child then they are the ones who can sit in the comforts of their home, not me.

qsefthuko 06-14-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2+2macht4 (Post 16677047)
I breastfeed whereever I am even in restraunts and I do not use a cover. If people are offended by a nursing child then they are the ones who can sit in the comforts of their home, not me.

No mama you have that wrong. They need to go sit and eat in the comfort of a bathroom stall. Preferrably a dirty one.