Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cloth wipes on the go (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524649)

BeccaSueCongdon 06-15-2013 12:01 AM

Cloth wipes on the go

What do you use to carry your cloth wipes when you're out and about?

I'm planning on using terry wash clothes, and I'll probably keep them stored dry and carry a spray bottle with water or a mild wipe solution made with water and our favorite baby body soap... but that's all I'm sure about at this point.

Looking for ideas on how to store/pack clean ones. I guess the dirties can just go in the wet bag with the diapers.

junvwekt 06-15-2013 01:19 AM

Re: Cloth wipes on the go

In my limited experience (CDing for 2 months :D)....

For me, a spray bottle didn't get the wipe wet enough... like, I was spraying it a million times before it was totally damp. Maybe I just had the wrong spray bottle, but I switched to a squeeze bottle something like this: http://www.amazon.com/humangear-GoTo...d_sim_sbs_bt_8 (I got the cheap walmart version) and I like it a lot better than the spray bottle. It holds plenty of water/solution for a several changes, too.

As for the wipes, I usually don't carry more than three or four when I go out, so I just stuff them in one of the diaper bag pockets.

lynn97 06-15-2013 05:43 AM

I would store the dirties in the regular wet bag with the diapers. You can carry them dry and carry solution separately or you could use an XS wet bag and carry them wet. I love our cloth wipes but it was just too much hassle to use them out of the house for us, so we have always used sposies wipes away from home (including at daycare).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Nangirl17 06-15-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 16679964)
I love our cloth wipes but it was just too much hassle to use them out of the house for us, so we have always used sposies wipes away from home (including at daycare).

:yeahthat:

mommadeeof4+ 06-15-2013 06:50 AM

I bring our cloth wipes on the go already moistened and i put them in the front part of my wet bag that has a little zippered off area. I just bought a pack of babyganics sposie wipes for the diaper bag not for diaper changes but for my kids hands because now that the summer is here when we are out at a park or something they play hard and get filthy so its been easier for that clean up purpose!

beaute_marquee 06-15-2013 06:50 AM

I do the spray bottle or a small sposie wipe container with wet cloths.

Manderzthegr8 06-15-2013 07:41 AM

I have flannel wipes and just stick them in one of the inside pockets of the diaper bag. Bring a little spray bottle with a mix of water and a little baby soap. I don't squirt on the wipe, I spray it right on the bum and wipe that way :)

DallasK 06-15-2013 08:25 AM

I always keep a small water bottle in the diaper bag. It's one of those water bottles but like in kid's size if that makes sense, they sell them by the case at Costco. I just keep a bunch of dry wipes in a pocket in the bag. If I need a wipe I just put a little water on it. My dd doesn't poop that often when we are out so I try to keep wipe prep to zero.

ChihuahuaMama13 06-15-2013 09:30 AM

I put dry wipes in the diaper bag and kept a bottle of CJ's spray BUTTer in the bag to use as a wipe solution. It has a nice spray, where I could spray one or two squirts on DS's bottom and just wipe with a dry wipe. It worked awesome! :thumbsup:

hilaryisinked 06-15-2013 09:55 AM

Dry wipes and wet in the sink or with a water bottle on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum