Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's the weekend! (really? are you sure???) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524651)

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 01:40 AM

Basically it's the weekend! (really? are you sure???)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 01:45 AM

Re: Basically it's the weekend! (really? are you sure???)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 16679057)
I am sure the reno, the doc, etc is wearing you out Janine. And Raj and i are having french bread pizza too, from the kids' sketti leftovers.

I am wiped. I got the whole main floor cleaned up and organized. I even reshelved all the books in some semblance of order. Dishes. Laundry. All that jazz. Now if only MY room was clean. Raj has crap everywhere.

That and the kids getting us up every day at 5:30am!

Good work Cheryl.

...Raj should clean up his crap himself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16679158)
We are in the road to ABQ. We will load up into my parents vehicle and hit the road tomorrow.

Safe travels Jen! I hope you have beautiful weather and a wonderful holiday, Lots of fun and time to relax too. You really deserve it!

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 04:22 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...90920772_n.jpg

I've been baking this morning. I know the top cookies should have chocolate on them to be more authentic but I think they are delicious as they are. Really really delicious!

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 04:31 AM

And it's nap time!

Thank goodness. We've been up since 5:30am! I tidied the kitchen, put the dishes away, reloaded the dishwasher, make black cherry/natural yoghurt stripy frozen yoghurt pops, and made breakfast by 7am!

Derry and Fynn are in bed, Shannon and Cami had gone downstairs to their Opa. Heiner and MIL are coming back from Ikea now.

I'm off to bed too.

lemurmommies 06-15-2013 07:01 AM

Good morning!

Ru works today. :( I am up and having a coffee and I am going to tidy the house some. Need to pass the vacuum and sweep the floors. Later, e and I are going to go to Walmart and get some Rubbermaid containers to put my Grade 2 stuff in so that I can bring it home from school. I don't want to get rid of it, so I have to figure out how to store it here somewhere. Yah, because we have space for that. Hmmm.

You baking looks delicious Janine! I am making pizza dough today, and perhaps homemade bread too.

lemurmommies 06-15-2013 08:12 AM

Alright. 10:15 and I have made beds, wiped down the kitchen and put away clean dishes, washed the shower curtain (it is now in the dryer), swept the floors downstairs, mopped the floors downstairs, and vacuumed. Can I call it a day? :giggle: Once the floors are dry I am going to go get in the shower.

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16680055)
Good morning!

Ru works today. :( I am up and having a coffee and I am going to tidy the house some. Need to pass the vacuum and sweep the floors. Later, e and I are going to go to Walmart and get some Rubbermaid containers to put my Grade 2 stuff in so that I can bring it home from school. I don't want to get rid of it, so I have to figure out how to store it here somewhere. Yah, because we have space for that. Hmmm.

You baking looks delicious Janine! I am making pizza dough today, and perhaps homemade bread too.

Sorry Ru has to work....it seems like we dont see much of Ru here, I miss her.

Your dinner sounds delicious! I need to start baking again. It's too hot here for keeping bread again and I'd have to do it more often...maybe I need to do the 5 minute bread thing again. I know there are some recipes without eggs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16680131)
Alright. 10:15 and I have made beds, wiped down the kitchen and put away clean dishes, washed the shower curtain (it is now in the dryer), swept the floors downstairs, mopped the floors downstairs, and vacuumed. Can I call it a day? :giggle: Once the floors are dry I am going to go get in the shower.

I think yes!

Look at you go!

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 09:12 AM

Heiner has built the TV cabinet (he didn't get the wall cupboard this time) and is now making the table he got for the kids room.

We've wanted a table for them for a while. They always had to put everything away every time we wanted to eat. Now they can leave their drawings, puzzles, board games on the table when we eat and maybe even overnight if they need to.

We're going to give the kids the chairs from the table and they can sit on the bench again, one high chair (one of those that is adjustable for kids though many years) made to be the same height as all the other chairs so any of the kids can sit on it, and the other two chairs should be enough for us...and if a friend comes to eat we can use the kids table and chairs. Brilliant!

Then on to the little couch table, it'll look fab!

lemurmommies 06-15-2013 10:10 AM

Ru has been really busy with work and a contract job outside of work that she has been doing. She is also going to the gym every morning. Go go go!!

Home from Walmart. Got totes, a new bathmat (though it's kind of small and I am a bit disappointed) and white tees for next weekend's Color Me Rad. Now to make E scrambled eggs for lunch.

~whitehologram~ 06-15-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16680391)
Ru has been really busy with work and a contract job outside of work that she has been doing. She is also going to the gym every morning. Go go go!!

Home from Walmart. Got totes, a new bathmat (though it's kind of small and I am a bit disappointed) and white tees for next weekend's Color Me Rad. Now to make E scrambled eggs for lunch.

Ahhh...I saw the post about the 30 minute workout. I had no idea Ru was going to the gym to do it. I figured it was something at home on the wii or something like that.

We have everything built...the table is a bit smaller than I thought it would be. I'm a bit disappointed too. The table in the kids room is quite low. Too low to be anything other than a kids room table...so it's good that is what it's for.

Final decision is now that my computer desk really does have to go into our bedroom.

We're going to adjust the old wooden TV cabinet to fit in with the furniture (as in make it the same depth and colour on the outside) and turn it into Daisy's habitat. It's a shame to waste the wood and I do love it. So I'm glad Daisy will get to use it. We'll make it so the lowest level is still visible from the far sofa...much better than now and it will fit in beautifully....as well as extra storage under it ;)