Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do your babies get fully named in utero? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1525856)

Pixi6s 06-20-2013 09:01 AM

Do your babies get fully named in utero?

I have talked with 2 friends recently that have their babies fully named before they come out. One is going to be a fourth so I get that, but not the other.

With our first, we didn't know the sex but we still have 2 male first names and 2 female first names. In fact, my husband and I were talking recently and agreed that the "front runner" boy name wasn't the name we picked. The other one seemed to work better. I am glad we picked it.

This baby we might know the sex, but still we will have 2 names picked out. The only thing we plan to do different is have the middle names picked out too.

What do you do? And if you do, do you share the name?

3 ladybugs 06-20-2013 09:07 AM

Re: Do your babies get fully named in utero?

I answered yes but actually they are named before they are conceived or put back in me. I have a list that we have been going off of. :)

stevensmom 06-20-2013 09:11 AM

Only ds was fully named in utero. It is my fil's middle name and my fathers middle name.

Dd wasn't named at all until a few hours after birth.

And this one is no we're near having a name set in stone and he's due in less than 10 weeks.

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***

Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 06-20-2013 09:18 AM

We have a front runner name and a back up. We didn't use the back-up either time.

mama2tommy 06-20-2013 09:18 AM

Well, we have a girl's name picked, and pretty sure we have the boy's name picked (but we do go back & forth on that one)...

smblake 06-20-2013 09:22 AM

All of our kids have been fully named in utero and we have not regretted the names we've chosen for even a second.

We don't feel like we have to see the baby first to know their name, our opinion is more of, they will fit the name we've chosen just fine.

We have found out gender for all of them.

umphreysmommy 06-20-2013 09:31 AM

Yes we named them when we found out the sex. Both girls have family middle names so those were picked before as well.

mrsc968 06-20-2013 09:57 AM

We had two names to pick from. I always wanted to wait until after I saw the baby, until I was actually pregnant and wanted to pick a name prior to birth but DH didn't. If there's a #2 we may pick a name but reserve the right to change it.

waterisntsomething 06-20-2013 10:02 AM

With DS we had his name fully picked out, this time if it's a boy we have the first name but no middle and if it's a girl who knows when we'll agree on a name.

snugglesnsunshine 06-20-2013 10:05 AM

I usually nail down names. BUT, though we are team green every time, I always just know by the end. So I am particularly good at matching baby's name with their "personality" while still in utero. Don't ask me how.
This time, I'm a little less sure. And we still haven't nailed down names yet.