Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Needing some Tips for speeding up early labor..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528281)

nicolehedges 06-30-2013 06:39 AM

Needing some Tips for speeding up early labor.....

We are due in August with number 9. I would love some advice on how to speed up the first part of labor....more specifically dilating to around 3-4 before going to the hospital.

I am always induced about a week early. (Please do not tell me I don't need to be induced or give me any opinions or any type of comments on that....not asking for advice or any thoughts there.). Reason being that once I hit 4-5 cm and my water is broken it is literally 30 minutes and baby is here.....it's been that way for the last 6 births.....we are 40 minutes from the hospital and I don't really want to have a baby in the car.

I have been 1-2cm when starting induction....pitocin and then breaking my water around 2-3 cm. Then it seriously takes hours to dilate to 4-5 cm. HOURS!!

So I would love to know how to help things move along faster with those first cm of dilating.....we have s*x lots and that doesn't do much.....I have read about EPO and RRLT....what is the best way to take these and when to start? Anything else I can do/take? I am exercising lots more this time around so I am hoping that helps too.

Thanks for any advice and for not flaming/judging/commenting on the fact I am being induced. :goodvibes:

lynn97 06-30-2013 08:39 AM

Hmm...honestly, I would say that if the same pattern has continued through all if your labors, that is just your pattern. I was able to dilate to almost a 3 before going into labor and went quickly to a 7. I was active and used nipple stimulation and sex to get to the 3 but I suspect your body will just dilate at its own pace or it won't. I'm drinking RRLT this time but I'm doing that in hopes of avoiding bleeding issues. Sorry I'm not more help!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nicolehedges 06-30-2013 11:17 AM

Re: Needing some Tips for speeding up early labor.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 16721137)
Hmm...honestly, I would say that if the same pattern has continued through all if your labors, that is just your pattern. I was able to dilate to almost a 3 before going into labor and went quickly to a 7. I was active and used nipple stimulation and sex to get to the 3 but I suspect your body will just dilate at its own pace or it won't. I'm drinking RRLT this time but I'm doing that in hopes of avoiding bleeding issues. Sorry I'm not more help!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

That's the way I was leaning too...thinking this is just how it is with my body. I would love to maybe be a 3 before going in to the hospital....just wondered if EPO would help at all.....thanks for the thoughts. :hugs:

EmilytheStrange 06-30-2013 05:49 PM

Any chance of birthing in a tub? That speeds things up. Of course, it could stall the early part as well, I guess.

I don't know what you did before. We did a lot of walking - normal and curb walking.

I used EPO and RRL tea but still go into labor as a 1 or closed. Water breaks, many hours later, I'm finally a 2.

jaelynsmommy61607 06-30-2013 06:05 PM

Every one has different labor patterns. If your being induced why do you need need to speed things up? You're already rushing things.

cinderella08 06-30-2013 06:29 PM

Sitting on a birth ball doing 'hula hoop' circles can help baby apply pressure to the cervix which can help to thin and open it a bit more/quicker. Maybe try lots of birth ball work?

nicolehedges 06-30-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 (Post 16722284)
Every one has different labor patterns. If your being induced why do you need need to speed things up? You're already rushing things.

This is a comment not needed right now. I have my reasons and I asked for no opinions on my own birthing choices. I don't give out my opinions when not asked for so please respect my wishes also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella08 (Post 16722339)
Sitting on a birth ball doing 'hula hoop' circles can help baby apply pressure to the cervix which can help to thin and open it a bit more/quicker. Maybe try lots of birth ball work?

That is a good idea. I have a ball here so will try that as due date comes closer. Thanks! :goodvibes:

jaelynsmommy61607 06-30-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolehedges (Post 16722357)

This is a comment not needed right now. I have my reasons and I asked for no opinions on my own birthing choices. I don't give out my opinions when not asked for so please respect my wishes also.

Its not an opinion. Its a fact.

nicolehedges 06-30-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 (Post 16722370)
Its not an opinion. Its a fact.

Either way I really don't care....I asked for no comments like that. Can you not have enough courtesy to just respect that, please?

jaelynsmommy61607 06-30-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolehedges (Post 16722417)

Either way I really don't care....I asked for no comments like that. Can you not have enough courtesy to just respect that, please?

Labor is a progressive thing. If you go from 4cm to baby in 30 min then the hours leading upto that are doings something to make that happen. You can't change or rush it. Labor is not only measured by cervical dilation. But who cares, right?