Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When Did You Tell? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1529516)

mommy2olivia 07-05-2013 04:28 PM

When Did You Tell?

When did you tell people you were pregnant? I still haven't gone "Facebook Official" and have been getting urged by close friends who know. I haven't had a miscarriage before and I'm going on 9 weeks. We have 2 children already. :) We've seen the baby and the heart beat, but I'm still iffy. What are your thoughts?

ambieone 07-05-2013 04:41 PM

Re: When Did You Tell?

With our dd (first child) we told everyone right away. With my second pregnancy we told right away as well and miscarried at 13w 5d, 3rd pregnancy didn't tell anyone but our parents and miscarried at 5w 5d. Got pregnant with DS and didn't tell anyone except family until about 17weeks when I started showing.

I'd say 12 weeks is playing it safe, most m/c's occur before 12 weeks.

mrseum 07-05-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2olivia
When did you tell people you were pregnant? I still haven't gone "Facebook Official" and have been getting urged by close friends who know. I haven't had a miscarriage before and I'm going on 9 weeks. We have 2 children already. :) We've seen the baby and the heart beat, but I'm still iffy. What are your thoughts?

I'm the same- except 8 weeks. I have an appointment at 9 weeks & I'm pretty sure we'll tell after that. I'm bloated and it's kind of hard for people looking at me not to wonder- or so I think. I'm more nervous this time since I had a little spotting but everything looked good.

karikos 07-05-2013 04:55 PM

We told my mom, aunt and best friend when we found out at 6 weeks-ish. We didn't reveal it publicly until the first ultrasound at 12 weeks.

mibarra 07-05-2013 07:36 PM

12 weeks. I had an 8 week miscarriage with my 3rd pregnancy, so I always wait til 12 weeks. :)

MrsStripe 07-05-2013 07:44 PM

With #1, told right away at about 6 weeks to family, but made them keep a secret till 12 weeks. Bout the same with #2. With #3 we waited to "tell" anyone till 12 weeks, but never really made a big announcement. I don't think one of my brothers found out till about 16 weeks.

srw.mutter 07-05-2013 10:31 PM

10 weeks with my immediate family, 12+ weeks with everyone else

Katie Mae 07-05-2013 10:58 PM

Around 5 or 6 weeks to family, but it's because I get so sick and can't function. Then as other people ask or wonder why I'm so sick we will just tell them, because we'd rather have help and sympathy to the sickness than people thinking I had the flu and staying away. Even this time around when I had bleeding and weird stuff going on at the beginning of the pregnancy we still told but just told people we weren't sure if the pregnancy was going to "stick".

amyltc 07-06-2013 01:04 AM

We told close friends/family right away. We told coworkers and my kids after our 8 week u/s. I didn't make it 'facebook official' until 15 weeks.

UVASahm 07-06-2013 05:15 AM

Yep I think after your 8 week ultrasound is fine for family and friends and then 12 weeks for facebook. After hearing the hb at 8 weeks your risk of miscarriage is LOW 1 in 200 and after 12 weeks its 1 in 300. I think you're in the clear either way, but it's up to you!