Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Nov (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Anyone thinking about names yet? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1530069)

Pixi6s 07-08-2013 10:45 AM

Anyone thinking about names yet?

My husband and I struggle with naming. We did with our first and we think we will again. We can agree eventually but there is a lot we don't agree on.

We are preparing to do the great name swap. He has his list and I have my list with the names we have collected that we like. We swap lists and contemplate the other persons lists.

I think this works best for us because you have time to work passed any initial reaction you might have to a name and think about it.

I am a bit worried because my husband has been especially open about this list. There is a lot of old english names on his list that I don't think I'll be fond of. And I'm worried if he'll like the names I like. My husband is more stubborn than I am and I am generally more likely to be open to his names than his mine (if he doesn't like them).

The 4 names we had narrowed down for #1 were originally his idea, as an example. I liked all the names a lot but it stinks that it didn't matter what I came up with.

My only saving grace is that if I don't like the names on his list he'll have no choice to concede! LOL I may be less stubborn but I'm not a push over :)

lovebabies 07-08-2013 03:28 PM

:) Naming a person is a challenge! We haven't talked about names yet at all. Historically we have decided on a name at about 37 weeks. Haha. My hubby and I like different names from each other too.

MamanMoore 07-17-2013 01:16 PM

We have two girls names (and have since before DS1 was conceived), and the middle name of a girl will be a grandma. Or bod have used up both grandpas' names though. We decided on a first name for a boy a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't figure out what will do for boy middle names from now on.
No having a name for the baby super stresses me out so I make DH sit down and figure it out with me ASAP. We had ds1's name picked before we were even married :hide: I think I figure every other kid's name should be equally predetermined.

cjslater1 07-17-2013 05:32 PM

Re: Anyone thinking about names yet?

With my other two we decided basically right after the gender ultrasound, this one was no different. Our little boy will be Gage Shepherd.

lovebabies 07-18-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjslater1
With my other two we decided basically right after the gender ultrasound, this one was no different. Our little boy will be Gage Shepherd.

Ooh, I really like that! Nice strong name. :)

InkStainedWorld 07-20-2013 08:16 AM

I had a ton of girls names on my list only to find out I was having a boy! Now I've to start all over again. I've always struggled with boys names. :/

Pixi6s 07-20-2013 06:47 PM

My husband and I aren't even in the same book. He is suppose to be seriously considering my names right now. I imagine this won't be decided until 30+ weeks. At 21 weeks now.

jandk 07-22-2013 09:54 PM

My husband is easy... He let me name our first two. With our third, I had 2 full names picked out for a boy and a girl... He helped me choose between the two when she came out! With this baby, my plan is the same... narrow it down to 4 names (two boy and two girl) and choose when the baby is born. My list has about 40 names on it now, and I am in the process of weeding it out. I usually choose names based on meaning, so I look at the definition of the name, put it on my favorites list, and then weed them out based on the actual names and what goes with what.

Pixi6s 07-23-2013 06:44 AM

We are actually going okay. Last night we weeded the girls name down to about 6 and the boys to about 8. We seem to be lining up okay, but of course our favorites don't match. we are at 21 weeks and are allowed to add more. We probably won't get more official until around 30 weeks.. around then I would like to be deciding middle names.

:)

slk202 07-23-2013 08:24 AM

Our poor daughter didn't have an official name until day three at the hospital. Her baby cart just said "baby girl" haha.