Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Disposable swim diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1532890)

Catbutt Diapers 07-19-2013 07:21 PM

Disposable swim diapers

I went to the paddling pool down the street today and they require a disposable swim diaper, and will not allow a baby in the water with a cloth one. I've heard on here that some people wash and re-use their disposable swim diapers - how do you do that? Thanks!

AZmommy 07-19-2013 07:40 PM

Re: Disposable swim diapers

I do this since our pool requires swim diapers on all little ones under 4 regardless if they are potty trained or not. I jsut toss it in the washer with laundry their is no gel in them so it the diaper is jsut wet I can just wash and reuse.. If their is an actual poo accident it gets tossed. Ive been able to wash and reuse about 4-5 times before its too flimsy to use again. Huggies little swimmers if it matters.

qsefthuko 07-19-2013 07:41 PM

That is odd. The first time I heard of cloth swim diapers was at a water park. They would not let you swim with sposie swim diapers. You had to use cloth. They even sold new ones at the front gate for $5 a piece. They were really nice ones as well. Perhaps they don't understand the cloth swim diapers and how they work. Maybe you can bring them some information about the benefits of cloth swim diapers.

carverjill 07-19-2013 08:06 PM

I agree that is strange. I think cloth swim diapers are even easier to find than regular cloth diapers meaning they are more mainstream.

Pixi6s 07-19-2013 08:17 PM

How would they even know? just tell them your kid is wearing a swim diaper. I don't specify.

abunchoflemons 07-20-2013 12:11 AM

Swim cloth & disposables work the same just to catch poo. I heard our pool doesn't like but I don't make big deal I got it either.... but I see cloth all over our pool too....lol

simplykarenp 07-20-2013 12:30 AM

Our pool also only allows diaposable swim diapers. I've never heard of washing and reusing a swim diaper! Eek Our pool is a little crazy about checking little ones and looks for the bright blue disposable diaper on each baby.

Dory 07-20-2013 12:35 AM

My son turned 4 a few months ago & is around 44lbs. I can't visualize there being a swim diaper big enough.

AZmommy 07-20-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dory (Post 16772603)
My son turned 4 a few months ago & is around 44lbs. I can't visualize there being a swim diaper big enough.

for the disposable ones I find they run big, My 30lb 3 year old still fits the small size (same package which was bought like 3 years ago) for cloth versions any unstuffed pocket diaper makes a great swim diaper. I know iPlay makes some cloth swim diapers that go to around 46+ lbs.

Our pool doesn't care if it is cloth or disposable I just still have plenty of the huggies so haven't really bothered getting cloth.

jammy 07-20-2013 07:29 PM

I can't believe that they would make a potty trained child conform and wear a diaper. Poor child. But love that you can actually wash a spossies