Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Low/No Sperm Due to Prostate Issues/Then Pregnant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1536502)

vasquez_leslie 08-03-2013 04:51 PM

Low/No Sperm Due to Prostate Issues/Then Pregnant

I recently posted on here because I was wondering if a pregnancy test looked like a positive reading. It was.

Short back story: I have been dating someone for a year, we are monogamous, I end up pregnant...

Then he says..."I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE KIDS. I WAS DIAGNOSED AS INFERTILE ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO." (thanks for telling me honey that would have been nice to know from the start)

The reasons are due to prostate issues, a really bad prostate infection he had about 5 years ago, medicine he takes for his prostate, and some other factors (apparently the sperm can't get through the opening or something like that)

He went back to the Dr and had his sperm retested. Batch on Tuesday said 0 sperm. THAT'S RIGHT ZERO! Then the batch on Friday there were 2. Yes, I said TWO and they both died in 20 minutes. Supposedly they were sickly, whatever that means.

So, here's the thing. I'm pregnant. I know the baby's his. How did this happen??? And is my baby going to be deformed or something?? I am just scared now.

CCRMSS 08-03-2013 05:10 PM

Re: Low/No Sperm Due to Prostate Issues/Then Pregnant

Is he doubting that the child is his?

Honestly, I think that anything can happen if it is supposed to happen. Plenty of people get PG while using birth control, so this is kind of the same thing.

I would guess that if you got PG it was probably some kind of super sperm that got through, and, while i'm not a doctor or anything, I don't think your baby is going to be deformed just because the dad has low sperm count and "sickly" sperm, assuming all the chromosomes are there.

CntryMama 08-03-2013 05:33 PM

I agree with PP - if the sperm is 'bad' then you will more then likely misscary, the odds of a chromosome defect I would think would be the same as any other person.

Heather8183 08-03-2013 06:16 PM

Did you go to the appointment with him, or did he just report back?

vasquez_leslie 08-03-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather8183 (Post 16808486)
Did you go to the appointment with him, or did he just report back?

No I didn't go. He just reported back, why?

rumblepurr 08-03-2013 08:30 PM

I would ask to actually see the report. LOL, I would have to see it to believe it :/. It's very probable that he's going to ask for a paternity test as well, (which isn't a big deal at all) because he is experiencing the same shock and disbelief. Sometimes when things like this happen (and they do!) everyone is left scratching their heads in disbelief!

Congratulations on your miracle baby :)!

CntryMama 08-03-2013 08:40 PM

In our state if the father does not take responsibility within 5 days of birth HE has to pay for the paternity testing and court fees... Just so you know that you will not have to worry about anything - just put his name down as father and if he does not agree then he will have to prove it.

lynn97 08-03-2013 08:54 PM

For some reason, having a sperm count of 2 seems doubtful to me...it just seems like an oddly low number. Also, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the prostate push out the seminal fluid? How would it only push out the fluid but no actual sperm? I'm not saying it isn't possible but it seems a bit odd and he already didn't mention his issues before you were intimate, which seems strange too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

trying4more 08-03-2013 09:31 PM

Does he have any other kids?

booty hunter 08-03-2013 09:43 PM

I bet he heard 2 and thought it was 2 but it seems more likely it would be two million per ml which is a very low sperm count. I found this: http://healthlibrary.com/article27.htm . But honestly the fact that he wasn't honest about the fact that he thought he was infertile as well as him going in once he found out just seems off to me.