Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I thought my water broke/was leaking this morning... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541004)

Crackedpolystrene 08-23-2013 04:05 PM

I thought my water broke/was leaking this morning...

Went to the hospital, got monitored and they sent me home. My water didn't break or leak. It never broke with my first child so I don't know what to expect if it does.
I've been having contractions on & off all day, probably Braxton Hicks...

37 weeks down, 3 to go? Maybe, maybe not.

stevensmom 08-23-2013 04:25 PM

You will know when your water breaks! ;)

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***

Crackedpolystrene 08-23-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
You will know when your water breaks! ;)

That's what I keep hearing/reading!

babylove921 08-23-2013 04:48 PM

Re: I thought my water broke/was leaking this morning...

What made you think it did?

Crackedpolystrene 08-23-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babylove921
What made you think it did?

I had what felt like a small trickle that soaked through my underwear/shorts. Must've been discharge, I guess?

stevensmom 08-23-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackedpolystrene

I had what felt like a small trickle that soaked through my underwear/shorts. Must've been discharge, I guess?

Pads will be your friend at the end if pregnancy

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***

dagmomma 08-23-2013 04:55 PM

Re: I thought my water broke/was leaking this morning...

My water only broke with my girls and I knew.

DD1 was at 3am and I told dh his response "you sure?" Umm lol yes

DD2 I just got out of the shower and had a towel wrapped around me standing in my laundry room and it trickled. My mother was staying with us to take care of the older children when I went into labor. I called her and said "I think my water broke" She looked down started laughing and said "Umm yeah you think?!"

Crackedpolystrene 08-23-2013 05:02 PM

I did find out I'm 2cm dilated, 70% effaced. Which I know at this point is pretty normal. It'll be good to see if there's any progress made by the time my doctor checks me next Thursday.

Leiiki 08-23-2013 05:04 PM

I was like you - my water didn't break with my first, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's VERY distinctive. This time, I actually dreamed I heard a "POP," woke up and dashed to the bathroom just in time (thank god for my cloth pads!). About a quart of clear liquid with little white curds (vernix) came out all at once. Liquid continued to leak as I labored, sometimes a slow drip and sometimes more gushes, especially when getting up from prone.

Crackedpolystrene 08-23-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiiki
I was like you - my water didn't break with my first, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's VERY distinctive. This time, I actually dreamed I heard a "POP," woke up and dashed to the bathroom just in time (thank god for my cloth pads!). About a quart of clear liquid with little white curds (vernix) came out all at once. Liquid continued to leak as I labored, sometimes a slow drip and sometimes more gushes, especially when getting up from prone.

This gives me some insight, thank you!