Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154207)

Ooey 05-24-2007 10:57 PM

It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

I don't know why it bothers me so sooo much when I see people with hardly any posts and NO feedback posting stuff for sale here. What bothers me even more is when I see that someone has responded and is actually buying stuff from them. I mean I personally know better than to buy from someone with no feedback, and I choose not to buy from anyone with few posts because I like to see that the seller has a vested interest in DS, it makes me feel more comfortable that they won't just take off with my money.

I wish there was some kind of post requirement fo selling stuff, but I know it won't ever happen because it would be way too much trouble to enforce and just be a PITA for the MODS. The feedback thing sucks too because everyone had to start somewhere to get feedback, but I think most people tried to AT LEAST build up some feedback as a buyer or offer some stuff on FFS to get feedback before the expected anyone to buy from them.

IDK I guess this is just a rant but I do see a lot of new members around here that seem to be buying from people with no feedback and it makes me worried.

:rant:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-24-2007 11:07 PM

Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

i worry about buying from people with little and no fb, i like to give newbies the benefit of the doubt that they wont take my money and run, but after an incident recently i will not be buying from anyone with little or no feedback and little to no posts:2cents:

lovemygirls 05-24-2007 11:16 PM

I know it's kinda scary but don't people have to start somewhere? I know when I first came to DS waaayyy back when I didn't have feedback anywhere and people still were willing to sell to me....I'm thankful that there were people out there that were willing to give me a chance.:goodvibes:

Ooey 05-24-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemygirls (Post 1152548)
I know it's kinda scary but don't people have to start somewhere? I know when I first came to DS waaayyy back when I didn't have feedback anywhere and people still were willing to sell to me....I'm thankful that there were people out there that were willing to give me a chance.:goodvibes:

Sell to you, yeah that's fine, you don't need feedback to BUY a diaper but I think you should have some to be allowed to sell.

togg_mama 05-24-2007 11:19 PM

Why do you care? ;)

To each their own. If someone wants to buy from someone with no FB, that's their decision/risk.

The day DS decides to have a minimum requirement for someone to sell here is the day I'm outta here.

mom2kdmb 05-24-2007 11:19 PM

I would have a lot more fb if people would just leave it for me. I don't get it sometimes :headscratch: They say how happy they are and when I ask for it, the don't leave it and I'm not leaving it for them first. I did that around the holidays and even then, they didn't leave it.

Ooey 05-24-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2madolyn (Post 1152562)
I would have a lot more fb if people would just leave it for me. I don't get it sometimes :headscratch: They say how happy they are and when I ask for it, the don't leave it and I'm not leaving it for them first. I did that around the holidays and even then, they didn't leave it.

Did you ever think that maybe they are not leaving it for you until you leave it for them and you are not leaving it for them until they leave it for you? :giggle:

mom2kdmb 05-24-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooey (Post 1152569)
Did you ever think that maybe they are not leaving it for you until you leave it for them and you are not leaving it for them until they leave it for you? :giggle:

yep :cry:

Ooey 05-24-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2madolyn (Post 1152577)
yep :cry:

so why not just leave it for them then? :giggle:

deb 05-24-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooey (Post 1152569)

And this is why, as a seller, I leave feedback as soon as payment is received.

I can see your point about not wanting to buy from someone with no feedback, but we do all have to start somewhere. I always look at feedback before I buy, and I only buy if I feel comfortable with it. If someone else is willing to buy from someone with no feedback, then that's up to them, I think. I don't factor in post count usually, some people aren't as chatty as others :goodvibes: