Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Getting easier to keep the secret (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1542097)

Mama*Kim 08-28-2013 03:06 PM

Getting easier to keep the secret

When I got my BFP, DH and I decided to wait until my first appt to tell anyone. I feel better about seeing a HB before telling DS1. The first week, it was so hard not to tell everyone. As time is going on, I'm finding less and less urge to spill the beans. At this rate, I don't feel like telling anyone until he/she is here. :giggle: Ok, not really that long. Anybody else find its easier to keep the secret as time goes on?

MDever 08-28-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Getting easier to keep the secret

Me! I got to the point with our LO#5 where I figured when the neighbors saw us with a baby strapped to my back they would figure it out. I just couldn't stand the thought of dealing with all of the people in our lives that make our family size about them. Or the folks that "can't believe" you didn't call them the instant you peed on a stick:chuckle:

Tina5834 08-28-2013 04:44 PM

I couldn't hold it in and we told everyone at 4 weeks! We didn't tell the kids until 19 weeks though, that was easy...I didn't want their hearts to break if it 'ended badly'.

nicolemariep 08-28-2013 04:57 PM

I thought we did fine keeping it a secret. I had a couple urges to tell, but I resisted. 2 days before we had planned to reveal to everyone, DH fessed up that he'd told a dozen or so coworkers. He was just too excited :giggle2: Meanwhile I was trying to hide my barfing from everyone.

Oh, I did tell my microbiology lab partner at 4 weeks, but just so she would handle all the toxic chemicals.

Brooke789 08-28-2013 05:14 PM

We didn't tell our 3 year olds until 12W and I didn't announce at work until 12W (FB at 14W). I didn't want to tell the kids and have to explain if we suddenly weren't having a baby, so we waited until I hit the 12W mark.

I would have announced at work sooner, but I had bleeding from 8-10W (from SCH)...and I thought it'd be better if lots of people didn't know if I lost the baby...

12W was entirely too long to wait to tell people. Really by about 10W I really wanted to tell. At home my pregnancy kind of became the 'elephant in the room' b/c DH and I couldn't talk about it, nor could any family visiting b/c the kids didn't know about it. That was kind of awkward.

2boysmama 08-28-2013 10:15 PM

We wanted to wait until we knew the gender but we were told that it was a blighted ovum so when we actually found the baby at 10w6d we told everyone at 11 weeks. I didn't really start showing until about 21 weeks so I totally could have gotten away with it. If we have a #5 I won't tell until I have to because I hate people's dumb comments.

Fishie Kisses 08-28-2013 10:29 PM

totally easier for me as time goes on. I'm almost 28 weeks and we STILL haven't announced on FB. The people we see IRL know, and our families know, but there are a LOT of people who don't know still. We were originally planning to announce when we knew gender, but since it's still super ambiguous, we're just going to wait and do a birth announcement lol

brandimn6217 08-28-2013 10:36 PM

With #4, I felt like the above families with more children: didn't want to hear people's comments, wasn't in a hurry, etc. we waited a while but my husband was telling people at work,so I finally announced it on fb. The important people in our lives knew already.

trying4more 08-29-2013 01:36 AM

YES! I'm 9 weeks and usually I blast it all over FB by 5 weeks!!!

I'm waiting until my 13wk NT scan, then posting the pic! I've told about 5 people.

dressagemom 08-29-2013 05:46 PM

With #4 we waited until 4 months. With #5, we waited until past 5 months. We only started telling people because I was showing so much. With #6, we waited until 4 months again. I just can't handle the negative comments that seem to go along with larger families. To the OP, yes, it did get easier the longer we waited. I sorta felt like I wouldn't have minded waiting to to tell the world about the baby until it was born.