Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long was your anatomy scan(uncomplicated pregnancy)? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1542589)

png_lovebirds 08-30-2013 08:10 PM

How long was your anatomy scan(uncomplicated pregnancy)?

So, I had, what I thought to be, an odd experience at my anatomy scan today--concerning the length of the scan and how in depth the tech went with the measurements. And I'm very curious if what I experienced is the norm or not! :)

Please only vote if you are having an uncomplicated pregnancy as complicated pregnancy scans are usually different than ones with a uncomplicated pregnancy.

JaylasMommy 08-30-2013 08:19 PM

Ours was pretty long, about 20 minutes I think.. There were no complications until later in my pregnancy, so it was an uncomplicated scan.

karikos 08-30-2013 08:22 PM

Re: How long was your anatomy scan(uncomplicated pregnancy)?

Mine was about 20-25 minutes. No complications so far and I'm almost 39 weeks. :)

teacherpippi 08-30-2013 08:23 PM

My shortest one was 12-ish minutes. Every time the tech wanted a shot, the baby cooperated. We didn't want to know gender, but the tech needed to check, so we closed our eyes while she did so- the baby was uncooperative for that and I think that took 2 minutes if it!

ETA: Just talked it over with hubby and he thinks it was closer to 18- maybe 20ish, but very short compared to others.

chandni3 08-30-2013 08:23 PM

Tell told me ahead of time for both pregnancies it'd be over 20 mins. My son took a long time as he wouldn't move. I had to go out and have a soda and then come back after 1/2 an hour.

carriek38 08-30-2013 08:28 PM

My doctor's office allots 1hr for the anatomy scan, 2hrs for twins...I am having twins, but my timing was weird, so they did the scan for both in an hour. Other than a SCH, it's been an uncomplicated pregnancy.

They check head, abdominal, and long bone size, location of heart & stomach, blood flow to kidneys and bowels, nuchal & spinal condition, feet/toes & hands/fingers, facial structure, movement, heart rate...and of course they check for any abnormalities of the organs they scan (check for 4-chamber heart, etc.). Really, the only added dimension for me was that they also checked measurements of Baby A against those of Baby B, to make sure they are growing at the same rate. They did pick up some abnormalities on both babies during my scan, but were very prompt at referring me to the perinatal center for follow up. I've now had two additional scans @ the perinatal center & the first lasted about an hour & a half, & the second was slightly more limited in scope, so it lasted right around an hour.

Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 08-30-2013 08:29 PM

It was over 20 minutes with my daughter but the tech was very thorough and Ivy was not cooperative. Baby was healthy, though, just being shy and stubborn.

slimy72 08-30-2013 08:34 PM

Mine was about 25-30 min and very thorough. No complications and baby was cooperating. I think the tech was just trying to give us plenty of time and a good look at everything. Then they took the footage out to a DR who reviewed it and came in and told us all was normal. So the scan was 25-30 then another 15ish min wait for the dr and 5 min or so with him. We were back in the room for about an hour total.

Fishie Kisses 08-30-2013 08:38 PM

About 30 min each time (4 pregnancies), no complications

png_lovebirds 08-30-2013 08:41 PM

I'm my previous 5 pregnancies my scans have been at least 20 min worth of measuring. But with my scan this afternoon, she only scanned for 5 minutes. She measured the big things: size of the head, size of the abdomen, femur length, checked to see if the baby had 2 kidneys, and took 2 brain measurements. BUT she didn't check: hands, feet, face, bowels, or blood flow to any organs. It seemed like she only cared about the size of the baby and nothing else. My baby could have a cleft palate and we wouldn't even know!!

I just felt very dissatisfied with the scan and I don't know what to do about it.