Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are there any really great China CD's? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1543362)

BellyMonstersMama 09-04-2013 08:07 AM

Are there any really great China CD's?

I'm about to start CD'ing again and after destashing after my last DD, I'm looking to stock up without going broke (we had all RaRz and BG 4.0's). I keep seeing different China dipes on eBay and I can't imagine for that price they're any good. Someone suggested Kawaii to me and I ordered their freebie to check it out, but again, I'm wary about cheap CD's. It's not cheaper if you spend $100 on inexpensive diapers that you hate only to have to buy new diapers all over again... KWIM?

So... are they worth taking a chance on? Do you use China dipes?

kris10mus 09-04-2013 10:53 AM

We really really love our baby wizards both the bamboo and suede cloth lined. I ordered 4 more from the coop I'm in that's ending tonight. They fit very similar to my 4.0's

Jeepster 09-04-2013 11:07 AM

Re: Are there any really great China CD's?

I have China Cheapies in my stash but the only brand I've actually tried was Kawaii. I preferred my BG to the Kawaii (aplix). The BG was obviously better quality to me but nothing was "wrong" with the Kawaii. It leaked b/c of the fit (bad wing droop on my skinny kid) but the TPU was great and the aplix was adequate.
It was a good, cheap diaper but I found that I reached for everything else first.

I have some Baby Wizards coming and some Alvas and maybe a Happy Flute. They seem okay.

If you want to try them, order a couple, I say. I wouldn't want to buy a 24 pack of any diaper just in case I don't like the fit on my kid. (I would have had 24 wing, droopy, leaky diapers in my case.) I'd follow that advice with any brand diaper though.

**I suppose you could order a 24 pack or something and only prep a couple to try and send back if they don't work as long as the company has a return policy**

musicmom2x 09-04-2013 11:23 AM

I really liked the sunbaby diapers although I prefer suedecloth or bamboo to the fleece inners. I think honestly though if I had to buy strictly for function and cost I would buy a nice inexpensive lot of used bum genius. They just work.

penguinande 09-04-2013 12:16 PM

I hear mostly good things about sunbabies and it seems like a good company too. I used to have some alvas and they functioned great. I sold them because I didn't like pockets, bud we're needing stay-dry now, so I have a dozen sunbabies on their way. Really the only negative things I've heard about them is that the inserts aren't great and their sizing is sometimes inconsistent. I ordered mine without inserts and plan to stuff with flats. I have also heard that they will send replacements if you have issues with your diapers.

ETA they don't exactly fall into the China cheapies category but imagine pockets are poetry affordable and I have been very impressed with the quality of every imagine product I have tried.

rainbowgirl28 09-04-2013 03:18 PM

Baby Wizard is more high end among the China brands. Kawaii makes a bunch of different types of diapers, some of them are pretty nice. Their Goodnight Heavy Wetters are very popular. Alva are usually good, and they are good about replacing if there is a problem. All of my Happy Flutes have been good. THX also makes very high quality diapers. I don't know if they still do, but at one point Kanga Care was definitely using the same factory as THX.

JC Trade (aka Ananbaby) has been hit and miss in my experience, I would avoid unless they have a print you just have to have. Avoid avoid avoid anything baby city/babyland/coolababy, they are mostly crap that delaminates and they are all over ebay.

rainbowgirl28 09-04-2013 03:19 PM

Oh yeah Sunbaby makes good diapers too, although size 1 and size 2 are basically the same, and they won't fit quite as big of a baby as some of the other brands.