Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Twins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463)

prissygirls 06-18-2006 09:51 PM

Twins?

I am only 9 weeks with my third baby and I am already showing quite a bit. This is unsual for me, with my last two I did not show for a long time. My dh is worried that it is twins. Now he has got me nervous, my next appointment with my midwife is not for two weeks. Did those that had twins know or have any clue that they were prego with multiples before the dr confirmed?

Kimmomy2dom 06-18-2006 09:55 PM

Re: Twins?

Well, the more pregnancies you have the earlier you show most of the time. That being said, I had a feeling before it was confirmed - but mine wasn't confirmed by u/s until 20 weeks and I had one Dr. tell me that I wasn't pregnant with twins before that (just by feeling my tummy, but he's an idiot, LOL). I was bigger this time - but it was my second pregnancy so I never second guessed it. There are a few other things that could be making you bigger (other than it being your third pregnancy). If you're concerned about it, I would call your MW - but I'm not sure what they would do as that depends on the person. :)

CMamma 06-18-2006 10:08 PM

Yeah you can show more & be bigger w/the more pregnancies... and it also depends on how long prior you had your last kiddo. This time I showed super fast but it was also my 6th pregnancy & my body was just like BOOM LOL But I'd ask your m/w if you're concerned.

prissygirls 06-18-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
There are a few other things that could be making you bigger (other than it being your third pregnancy). If you're concerned about it, I would call your MW - but I'm not sure what they would do as that depends on the person. :)

Like what? :headscratch: I am not really concerned about being big, just at the thought of have twins. It is not in my master plan:lostit:

akrab 06-18-2006 10:18 PM

like if it was excessive fluid it could be a sign of a problem...not sure if that what Kim means or not.

most people I know pop out super fast with subsequent pregnacies.. I know I did... everyone thought I was carrying twins (even though I had no weight gain till the very end of pregnancy) but I wasnt it was just one 9lb 14oz baby in there :thumbsup:

Knittress 06-19-2006 08:31 AM

Well Alison... 9lbs. 14oz. singleton would be like having twins that are 4lbs. 15 oz. each. :giggle:

akrab 06-19-2006 09:17 AM

:giggle: I never thought about it like that :giggle:

bethanyjoy 06-19-2006 09:30 AM

Well, I had an inkling from day one (and was in denial)...found out it was twins at 16 weeks when I was measuring 20 weeks! LOL

Try and just relax and wait until your next appt...they wouldn't "do" anything different at this point if it WERE twins, kwim?

Hard to do, believe me I know...and if it's twins...they weren't in my masterplan either! :giggle: But we're making the adjustment OK so far! :hugs:

Abunchofus 06-19-2006 07:37 PM

We're expecting # 7 and I would say for most people you show sooner with each pregnancy - with all of mine I've not showed enough for anyone else to really notice until about 16 weeks or so. My hubby can tell and those who know me well can tell sooner though.

I've always said I NEVER wanted twins - that I loved my children veyr much but that I prayed the Lord never gave me twins.

Now this pregnancy I actually find myself wanting twins and was thiking about it approx 2 weeks before I got pregnant - weird huh - Now to wait and see if it would come true or nto - I doubt it - we don't have a family history anywhere (my aunt on my mom's side had twins but she was older when she conceived).

1bigfamily 06-19-2006 08:33 PM

I had all of the signs but I didn't know it. I was sooooooo sick and tired and by 4 months I felt like I was 9 months. I also was showing a lot the doctor kept telling me that I was oldre and this was number 4 so it was like that. I dismissed being bigger to that too. I was always thinking about twins and running into them but I didn't really think I was having them. SHOCK at 20 weeks!!!! I foundout on accident while my doctor was in the Phillipines. :giggle: Good thing his partner decided to check the heartbeat with the US machine! :laugh: we were both surprised! If you really want to know you can schedule an US, otherwise you could wait until your next appointment. Twins aren't in mostl people's master plans but then they come and bless your life!