Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can you recommend a T&T dipe??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15500)

islandmama 06-19-2006 01:19 AM

Can you recommend a T&T dipe???

My dd has chunky thighs (in relation to her small waist). So serged edges cut into her thighs and leave red marks. They tend to turn inward, KWIM? I'm looking for turned and topstiched leg openings, side snapping, or front snap with 2 rows (to adjust waist and legs separately), or a fit made for chunky thighs. Does anyone have a recommendation? Elbees fit great, but they're pretty pricey, and I was also looking for some cute dipes. Thanks! :goodvibes:

wbkt8 06-19-2006 07:25 AM

Re: Can you recommend a T&T dipe???

i really like pattynaps (she does both t&t and serged edges) - she doesnt' stock a lot so i'd probably suggest looking in fsot for teh moment.

BBL also very popular although i haven't tried them

negrapy 06-19-2006 09:09 AM

i really recommend www.thefancifulfanny.com
she does great work and we love her t&t prefitteds
she is very reasonable too :)

momovthree 06-19-2006 09:14 AM

I second the Pattynaps!

islandmama 06-19-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy
i really recommend www.thefancifulfanny.com
she does great work and we love her t&t prefitteds
she is very reasonable too :)

I just sent her 8 prefolds last week to make into fitteds... OOh, I can't wait! :yay:

Bridget Riedell 06-19-2006 10:38 AM

You could try Little Beetles. They are T&T and fit my chunky thighed daughter great. They have only one row of snaps, with an extra on a wing. They stretch great. My 19 lb. 13 month old can wear them and so can my 4 yr od 40 lb. girl. ( I had to use one in a pinch for overnight):) www.betterforbabies.com These are low rise and very trim dipes. Very absorbant.

kkweight 06-19-2006 01:33 PM

I 3rd PattyNaps. Steph rocks!

lovencloth 06-19-2006 03:05 PM

I have a few t&t'ed fitteds, I could gusset the legs for you, which are better for chunckier thighs. It does not look like my dipes are adjustable from the pic.s but I have put the the bottom snaps one back from the top snaps as my daughters thigh muscles grow so they are somewhat adjustible by waist and leg measurments, but the gussets make them the best because they will still hold in the solids, but it stretches the elastic a bit so that it does not bite into chubbier thighs

islandmama 06-20-2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkweight
I 3rd PattyNaps. Steph rocks!

She's not taking custom orders right now... :cry:

vick 06-20-2006 10:35 AM

I got a Pattynaps off the FSOT and the legs gapped on Isabel. And she has 11.5 inch thighs.

My fave T&T is BBL - Isabel has a 15-inch waist and 11.5 inch thighs and I can get a good fit with the front-snapping, single row of snaps BBL fitted. Little Beetles are nice too, but I'm not as secure with the leg fit as I feel with the BBL legs.

Swaddlebees OV fitteds are a nice fit on her, too, but they aren't her most absorbent dipe. I have a Fanciful Fanny prefitted and one of the FF night dipes and they fit nicely, too. Even tho I should have gotten a medium and not a large prefitted.