Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I HAVE YOGURT ON MY HOO-HA (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1558049)

leyash 11-19-2013 12:54 PM

I HAVE YOGURT ON MY HOO-HA

yeah, ever had a yeast infection so bad that you want to scream every time you pee? that's me.

i've been doing probiotics, drinking kefir, etc. not helping. not using that monistat crap, it hurts.

anyway, it's red... it's burning... and bleeding a teeny tiny bit. so, i took some yogurt, and... it's on there. and it was cold, and it felt good.

don't tell me that i am going to die. or that it won't help. please. i'm desperate at this point. i'm sure it will go away in a bit.

i can say "thanks" to the three antibiotics i've been on in the last month for this. JUST LOVELY. i don't know what was worse, strep, or this.

bluedaisyma 11-19-2013 12:57 PM

Re: I HAVE YOGURT ON MY HOO-HA

I always do yogurt when I have a yeast infection. When I was in college, the on call nurse told me about it. I have even dipped a tampon in yogurt and inserted it. Cool relief and healing! Use plain, so it doesn't feed on the sugar.

leyash 11-19-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaisyma (Post 17068845)
I always do yogurt when I have a yeast infection. When I was in college, the on call nurse told me about it. I have even dipped a tampon in yogurt and inserted it. Cool relief and healing! Use plain, so it doesn't feed on the sugar.

i don't have plain. :/ ugh. it is greek yogurt, though. it's the kind that has fruit mixed in. so, i just used the yogurt part without the fruit mixed in. bah. i don't even care. it won't hurt just one time. i needed the cool relief. thinking about sticking a freaking frozen rag in my pants. seriously.

sorry, pbaki. you're the only dude on here, read at your own risk, lol. (if he even reads this thread, lol)

traderbren 11-19-2013 01:09 PM

You could try a tube yogurt frozen and cut in half, or freeze some in a Popsicle mold if you have one...

Jen's_4 11-19-2013 01:26 PM

Pbaki isn't the only guy on here, just the most well known. And if he makes it to your warning it's too late, lol.

ouchienurse 11-19-2013 01:27 PM

Call the doc and get a diflucan. That is misery no one should endure. Most docs will just call one in if you've been on abx

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Nerissa 11-19-2013 01:38 PM

I would first of all get myself to the doctor if it is that bad.

At the first sign of yeast infection I use plain yogurt.

ashley84 11-19-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen_batten (Post 17068938)
Pbaki isn't the only guy on here, just the most well known. And if he makes it to your warning it's too late, lol.

In her defense, he totally has it coming if he clicks on a thread with title like this one. :thumbsup:

JennTheMomma 11-19-2013 02:04 PM

At this point it is probably too late for yogurt. You should go to the Doctor and get antibiotics, yeast infections can cause damage/other problems if you let it get bad. Yogurt really only works when it's mild or it first starts, and sometimes doesn't even work at all.

solobluedancer 11-19-2013 02:07 PM

Also, the monistat 7 day doesn't hurt as bad as the one day.