Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Omfg stfu go to sleep (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1558131)

jam's mum 11-19-2013 08:17 PM

Omfg stfu go to sleep

Aaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhhhh!

She won't stop whining, and she won't go to sleep without me being in the room with her. She wants to eat. She wants to go to the lavatory. She needs her blanket on. She needs her nose wiped. She needs her bear. No, not that one. Her rabbit fell out the bed. She has a hair in her mouth.

Guess what, sweetheart, I have a pain in my arse, and her name is Jamila.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest so I can be the kind, patient, firm mummy who doesn't lose her damned temper.

MDever 11-19-2013 08:20 PM

Re: Omfg stfu go to sleep

:chuckle: Have you seen the book called "Go the **** to Sleep"? Very entertaining.

luvsviola 11-19-2013 08:21 PM

LOL!!!!

Every once in awhile when I can't take it anymore...the door gets locked. I know it makes me a terrible evil parent. But mommy has her limits and a locked door is better than a broken child.

Mrsfroberg 11-19-2013 08:23 PM

We've locked the door as well. Sometimes it's just the best thing to do. :/ Bedtime is "me" time, and if I don't get that time to decompress, nobody will be happy!

3rockstars 11-19-2013 08:26 PM

hahahahahahahaha. I'm laughing at your pain. Sorry. But please know it's only because I'm there nearly every night right along with you. I hope it gets better.

luvsviola 11-19-2013 08:37 PM

I just keep telling myself that this is only for the first 5ish years. Seems like forever when you are dealing with it, but really in the long term, it does go by fast.

bluedaisyma 11-19-2013 08:56 PM

I'm laying here posting on ds waiting for my the year old to go to sleep :/.

meldo 11-19-2013 09:05 PM

We ended up bribing my oldest during lent. She earned a dollar for every day that she went to bed without us lying there with her. She was 5 or 6 at the time and did totally fine. We also agreed that if she made it every night through lent we would chip in the balance for an American girl doll. Best $100 we ever spent.

Luckily my 4 year old is a little better about bedtime so far. The 19 mo still needs to nurse and wakes up like every 2 hours still. :banghead:

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.

Ola_ 11-19-2013 09:55 PM

I hear ya! My DD is a month older than yours and some nights I deal with the same thing. Tonight it was her wanting a drink of water, but I couldn't get it for her, oh no, she wanted to go to the kitchen and get it herself. Well, you're in bed kiddo with the lights out, that's just an excuse to go walk around the house. Cue temper tantrum.

Then she needs a particular toy, oh and all the other toys in sight piled around her too, her blanket fixed. She's asleep now and I'm having chocolate, doing laundry, and taking a deep breath. :yoga:

meldo 11-20-2013 12:04 AM

I think I cursed myself by posting earlier. My son would NOT go to sleep. We started at 730 and it was 9 before he was down. I should have known bc he hadn't pooped today and has recently been pooping right before bed. Lots of tears and a huge stinky diaper later, he's asleep. And he may have a little poop that he decided to push out after I changed him but ain't no way I was changing him again when his eyes were just starting to close. I feel guilty but since it might have been a fart I was not risking another hour of struggling with him.

I am now sitting on the couch knitting a shawl scarf thingy for ME. I never knit for me.

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.