Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   diagnose me? the next health dilemma! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1560427)

leyash 12-04-2013 03:09 PM

diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

so, just a little background: i eat crap fairly often. in other words, i am not 100% vegan, fresh, vegetables, etc. i've been known to eat crap food.
i was on keflex for 5 days (october 12th to october 17th), then amoxicillin for 10 days (october 20th, to october 30th), then got a shot of penicillin on november 4th, i believe? so it's been about a month.

so... the last week/10 days, i've had the following:

gas
intermittent pain upper right ribcage area
pain radiating down whole right side down to hip
pain in back, kind of by my kidney
pain all over the belly at times (seems to be to be gas, though)

i would say most of the time the pain hovers around a 1-2, noticeable... but there. at times it can get up to a 3-4, and during my "episodes" (read below) it is around a 6-7.

then. monday and again yesterday i felt the need to go to the bathroom. kind of like, stomach cramps? then i went to the bathroom (#2), and felt immediately better, within like 5-10 minutes. it was like, URGENT. i had to go right then. not diarrhea, or constipation.. normal consistency, just very urgent need to go. monday this "episode" happened a few hours after eating bacon.

anyway, i've been on some probiotics, but have to admit that i've not been diligent. i also have some pain right below my sternum at times, and have been remarkably nauseated 3-4 times in the last two weeks or so, but i never vomit. nausea lasts about 20-60 minutes.

i have a dr. appt. on the 9th. can't get it bumped up. but wondering what the heck i am doing wrong/what i can do differently to feel better. :(

i've heard mentionings of gallbladder, IBS, intestinal problems due to antibiotics... ugh. i'm just tired of not feeling good. :(

Leah52 12-04-2013 03:24 PM

Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Sounds like IBS and/or anxiety.

leyash 12-04-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah52 (Post 17098156)
Sounds like IBS and/or anxiety.

i would like to think it was anxiety, but i wouldn't think anxiety can cause pain. :/ i mean, the urgent use of the bathroom, maybe. but the pain, nausea, gas... all from anxiety? i don't know that i agree with that.

Tris 12-04-2013 03:48 PM

That doesnt sound like ibs to me. Anxiety can cause gas and bloating for sure.

leyash 12-04-2013 03:52 PM

well that's even more frustrating. i just don't think i've been imagining this pain. :/ i thought upper UTI maybe, but i am not having any painful/burning urination.

JennTheMomma 12-04-2013 04:05 PM

Anxiety can and does cause pain and a whole host of other problems. It can also be IBS or just plain ol' crap food problems.

Leah52 12-04-2013 04:27 PM

Yes, anxiety can cause all sorts of things. I had bad pain from the moment food went in my mouth until it found it's way out the other side. I wanted to vomit every time I ate. I couldn't use the bathroom then I would have to go really bad. I lost 15 pounds in a month. As soon as I started anxiety meds it all went away.

leyash 12-04-2013 04:36 PM

it is really frustrating because i have had anxiety for years but never this pain. i just want to feel better. oh well. guess its just nothing then.

JennTheMomma 12-04-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash
it is really frustrating because i have had anxiety for years but never this pain. i just want to feel better. oh well. guess its just nothing then.

Do you take anxiety meds? The pain can start later on as the anxiety for years starts to reek havoc on your body

leyash 12-04-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennTheMomma (Post 17098358)
Do you take anxiety meds? The pain can start later on as the anxiety for years starts to reek havoc on your body

no, i don't take medicine.

but, really? i've been feeling great all day, except the dull/achy pain in my right side. honestly, i just can't see how it is caused from anxiety. honestly. :/