Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Belly shape? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15632)

Manna00 06-19-2006 02:21 PM

Belly shape?

I know all pregnancies (and consiquently--how the babies are "Carried") are different...

So, how are you carrying your little one?

My beast of a boy is straight out and he used to be really high. Now that I've reached 38 weeks (today! Whoohoo!) he's slightly lower (I'm 5'2.. not much torso for playing around in!) and much more..."watermelon standing on it's top" (DH laughs and says he's going for his "sledge-o-matic" soon!) shape. I'm a-hopin' that means that he's in position to get this party started! Anyone else have this "shape" with their kiddo near the end (give me some HOPE he's coming soon!) ? It seems like the way that I'm carrying Samuel is pretty typical for boys.

Do you find girls give a more "rounder" shape than a distinctive big baby bump?

Kimmomy2dom 06-19-2006 02:41 PM

Re: Belly shape?

I guess mine is pretty round. With my son it was super round and out in front, LOL. I think it just has to do with how my body is than what sex the babies are. This time I think it looks about the same as when I was towards the end of my first pregnancy. I'm pretty much all tummy this time around, too - so I don't think it matters with mine if it's a boy or girl.

bfoster2000 06-19-2006 02:59 PM

DJ was transverse for most of the last half of the pregnancy so my belly was almost square! I was all baby, all out front, wide and flat...like I had a cement block under my shirt or something! This one does somersaults. Sometimes he lays sideways and I get that square look, other times it's more watermelon. The worst is when he stretches...I think he's going to be tall (like the rest of us!) I swear sometimes I'm afraid he's actually going to just burst right through my stomach! And then there's the belly button. Depending on where he is and what he's doing, sometimes it's all outie, sometimes flat, and sometimes still slightly innie...very weird! :) Last night DJ was hugging and kissing the baby in my belly and I had gotten bored with it and lost interest so I wasn't paying much attention. Well, all of a sudden I felt a pain worse than childbirth...the little bugger had bitten my belly button (which happened to be all outie at hte moment so he got a good mouthful!) It's a good thing I move like a beached whale these days because if I could have caught him there's no telling what I would have done to him!

Manna00 06-19-2006 04:12 PM

YEEEEESH!! I can't imagine my "outie" (it was an innie until a week ago!) being bitten!! At least he didn't try to nurse on it! LoL!

jls~Kain~Drake 06-19-2006 04:59 PM

I'm not pg now, but I wish I was :) So I lurk. Anyway, with my first I gained weight from day 1 ALL over. So my belly was a lot like that - just alllll over it. My 2nd was straight out, all belly. Both boys :) I got generally bigger with #1, but was more belly with #2...if that makes any sense.

fouradss 06-22-2006 09:37 PM

I'm currently not preggo, but with my dd I carried her out front. My placenta was attached belly side instead of back. I think this made me look like I carried more out front than I really did. Here is a pic, it was taken really close to the time I delivered. (2 weeks before I believe)

I'm on the right.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/1c2d9878.jpg

OneFabMama 06-23-2006 01:29 PM

With Riley I carried super low through out my whole pregnancy, but I was very round - like a basketball. :mrgreen:

momof4 06-23-2006 04:15 PM

All I know is I can't reach the sink well to do the dishes. Isn't that a great excuse? :)

cblurose 06-23-2006 06:06 PM

I don't remember anyone commenting on how I carried Jaemison but with all three girls everyone kept saying it looked like I was carrying a boy. <shrug>

Lisa-Rachelle 06-25-2006 09:42 AM

Well, when this pregnancy started I always fantasized about having a big, round, nice symmetrical belly to show off.
But, my little baby had other ideas!
I have a long torso...oddly long for someone who is only 5'6. And having that long torso means I never really did get a big, round belly that looked like a basketball. It's always been shaped like an egg (yes, an egg) and low on my torso. I don't stick out much at all for being almost at the end, and I certainly look at pregnancy photos of my mother and think "wow, why dont I have a belly like that?".

Most people see me and ask when Im due...when I reply "next month" they get this shocked look and their face and go "wow, you are really small for being almost full term."

So, gone away are the days of hoping for a big ROUND belly. I guess I will settle for my slightly mishapen egg. (lol)