Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ATTENTION RE: Sharing Patterns (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156609)

cowmommy 05-29-2007 03:57 PM

ATTENTION RE: Sharing Patterns

A mama recently posted a question about a specific pattern and other mamas responded by posting actual parts of the pattern in the post :eek: this is not allowed, you can not share copyrighted patterns in that fashion :(
The post has been removed but we felt the need to address the issue so it doesn't happen again. WAHMs work hard to come up with these patterns and I'm sure they don't appreciate people posting them for hundreds of people to see for free :( Thank you for your attention and consideration mamas:hugs:

Ilikecloth 05-30-2007 07:54 PM

Re: ATTENTION RE: Sharing Patterns

EEK! Was it me when I needing help with crochet and LTK patterns?? IM SO SORRY If it was!??!

cowmommy 05-30-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilikecloth (Post 1187207)
EEK! Was it me when I needing help with crochet and LTK patterns?? IM SO SORRY If it was!??!

No mama it was a different thread :hugs: We don't mind you asking for help we just ask that people not post copyrighted patterns on the board or share them:hugs:

undrthtblndrumng 06-01-2007 03:28 PM

I was just wondering, if it's a free pattern are we allowed to post parts of it or are we only allowed to link it?

cowmommy 06-01-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undrthtblndrumng (Post 1199803)
I was just wondering, if it's a free pattern are we allowed to post parts of it or are we only allowed to link it?

If it is a free pattern I don't see why that you couldn't, unless the pattern has a disclaimer not to copy or distribute etc...:hugs:

jenneonthespot 06-01-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowmommy (Post 1199826)
If it is a free pattern I don't see why that you couldn't, unless the pattern has a disclaimer not to copy or distribute etc...:hugs:

I just wanted to add that most of the free patterns I have read simply ask that you credit the author when you post or share. But of course, each author is different, so be sure to read the fine print. :goodvibes:

cowmommy 06-01-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljennk (Post 1201674)
I just wanted to add that most of the free patterns I have read simply ask that you credit the author when you post or share. But of course, each author is different, so be sure to read the fine print. :goodvibes:

:yeahthat: TY mama:hugs:

cowmommy 06-27-2007 05:02 PM

:bumpsign:

alysia101 09-08-2007 09:09 PM

I have a question, I need a help with a pattern. Can I just post 1 line of a pattern so someone can hopefully tell me what it means?

cowmommy 09-08-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alysia101 (Post 1736532)
I have a question, I need a help with a pattern. Can I just post 1 line of a pattern so someone can hopefully tell me what it means?

It is according to what the author of the patterns wishes are. I can say if it is a pattern you had to pay for, more than likely, the answer will be no :( You should be able to email the person who wrote the pattern in that case to get help. You could post something like I have x pattern and need help could someone that does it please PM me and see if they can help you:thumbsup: