Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New meals out of leftovers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156642)

*Katherine* 05-29-2007 03:49 PM

New meals out of leftovers

Not really sure how to word the title, but you know meals where one day you make this, the next day you take the leftovers for something else and so forth? I am looking for a bunch of recipes with this in mind. Anyone have any good ones?

mandikaake 05-29-2007 07:02 PM

Re: New meals out of leftovers

Oh man you can do this with lots of stuff. Here are some examples.

1. Roast
2. BBQ Beef
3. BBQ Beef cups - put biscuits in a muffin pan, 1 in each hole, then push up the sides till it makes a little "cup". Then add in your meat and even top with cheese if you'd like.

1. Roasted Chicken and Vegetables - I do mine in the crockpot.
2. Use some of the chicken for sandwiches - cold.
3. Use the rest of the chicken after it's been boned, and veggies and make a soup. Just put water in a pot with some Knorr (the best) chicken bouillion and add the veggies and chicken. You can also add all kinds of spices like rosemary, oregano, thyme, etc... as well as other veggies, onions and/or noodles. If you like it thicker like a stew, just mix some water and flour or cornstarch till you get a thicker paste, then pour in and stir till it's thick. Yummy!

1. Meatloaf
2. Again cold meatloaf sandwiches MMMMMM (or hot).
3. Break up leftover meat and use for meat in a baked spaghetti or something of the like.

1. Prime rib or any kind of nice beef make by itself the first time.
2. Use leftovers for stroganoff over noodles.

Hope that helps a little:)

football_cheer_mom 05-30-2007 03:56 PM

Mandikaake ~

You are good !!

*Katherine* 05-30-2007 04:02 PM

mandikaake~Those are good!! Just what I am looking for!!! Must find more, lol!

football_cheer_mom 05-30-2007 04:41 PM

You could get a pork shoulder roast and put it in the crock pot with garlic salt and pepper. When it's done, you shred and serve over tortilla chips with cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream for nachos. Or in corn tortillas for tacos.

The next day you can add BBQ sauce to the shredded pork, and have pulled pork sandwiches.

mandikaake 05-31-2007 12:02 PM

LOL! Thanks:) Man I need to think more.....I'll have to come back to this later and post some more of them. Really chicken is our biggest if we just make a whole one and have it plain, then divide up the rest for other neato stuff like these. They are all somewhat naughty be it the crescent rolls or the "cream of" soups but oh so yummy!

Cornbread Chicken Potpie
Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Wreath

Ok this is kinda yuck but the rest of my family loves it! We boil or cook hotdogs or sausages one night and then with the leftovers I make baked beans with the folowing ingrediants and put the meat in it before I bake it. They LOVE it! With cornbread it's not too bad.

Canned pork and beans
liquid smoke
ketchup
dark thick bbq sauce
mustard
brown sugar
chopped onions
(i think that's all).

Mandi

mandikaake 05-31-2007 12:03 PM

Make taco's one night with plenty of meat then make nacho's the next night or use it for a taco salad. You can also make hot dishes with taco meat like layering chips, meat, salsa, cheese, etc... bake it then top with sour cream and lettuce and tomatoes.

As a rule of thumb, something I learned at a Campground when I worked in the kitchen. Don't use the leftover whatever for the next night. Wait at least a night so the family doesn't get tired of using the same kind of meat from the night before. If you skip just one night most people don't notice at all.