Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AI2 Preference? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572)

serena22304 04-26-2006 02:19 PM

AI2 Preference?

For those of you that use AI2, what kind of soaker do you like inside?
Trifold, contour, or just a straight rectangle shaped one

vick 04-26-2006 02:21 PM

Re: AI2 Preference?

I've only ever used Daisy Doodles AI2s, so my vote is contour because I really liked the fit of the dipe and the insert.

lovencloth 04-26-2006 02:34 PM

I like mine ;) they are rectangle soakers, snapped in on both ends, with the exception of my Nighter Diders, they are tri-fold.

Minniebees 04-26-2006 02:47 PM

I love AI2's. My very favorite are ones that have a light soaker sewn in, and a snap in on top. they dry faster, hold more, and give you more options, too.

For regular AI2's I like contoured snap ins for day time use and trifolds for night time. So, for day I like Angel Wraps, LRD, Calico Baby, and for night time I like Lucys Hope Chest. Her hemp trifolds hold me ds all night long. I think the Mutts AIO's snap in tri fold is too narrow in the crotch.

HTH.

Yarn Hollow 04-28-2006 05:37 PM

can someone please describe what an AI2 is? Is it a diaper with integral cover and then a soaker insert or laid in?

ReagansMommy 04-28-2006 05:51 PM

I prefer contour snap-ins. Preferably snap in back and not front...

lovencloth 04-28-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarn Hollow
can someone please describe what an AI2 is? Is it a diaper with integral cover and then a soaker insert or laid in?

An AI2 is an All in One only the soaker is removable (making it a 2 peice diaper). It generally makes them easier to dry and care for as sewn in soakers (if they flop around in the wash) can get weak and form holes over time. With an AI2 you can remove the soaker, usually by snaps to prevent wear at the soaker and for shorter dry time. It can be a laid in soaker or a fastened soaker (like with snaps). HTH!

Yarn Hollow 04-28-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovencloth
An AI2 is an All in One only the soaker is removable (making it a 2 peice diaper). It generally makes them easier to dry and care for as sewn in soakers (if they flop around in the wash) can get weak and form holes over time. With an AI2 you can remove the soaker, usually by snaps to prevent wear at the soaker and for shorter dry time. It can be a laid in soaker or a fastened soaker (like with snaps). HTH!

Thanks! This does help! I was always wondering. (I have to catch up on my diaper lingo!)

mommyof2girls 04-29-2006 12:42 AM

It's a toss between contounred snap in, or trifold snap in

*MamaStacy* 04-29-2006 01:33 AM

I prefer the contoured shape soaker or a snap-in with hidden snaps. :) I don't really like trifolds, I feel like they are too bulky. All the AI2s I have have either the snap-in soakers or the contoured ones and seem to be more trim.