Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   :( Sad this morning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1578483)

Celeste 04-02-2014 06:47 AM

:( Sad this morning

I was sad this morning to see all that went down yesterday with the bans and inactives. This site has been a place where I have come pretty much daily, if not multiple times a day, for 7 years. I got wonderful parenting advice, heard some needed criticism, had my beliefs challenged (which made them stronger), "met" people who I have much in common with, some I have not very much in common with at all, and met two mamas IRL. I am sad to see how much things have changed and how frustratingly little long time members and especially Mods (who freely gave their time) matter to tptb. I have to say, when the changes started happening, I was annoyed, but not quite ready to switch to another site completely. I posted here less frequently, but still lurked a bunch. Besides this site becoming pretty dang dull, it has also turned into a place that I don't feel that I can freely speak my mind without being banned. Or wait, is it inactive now? Or is that only for former mods? I can't keep up and there's no point, as the rules will probably change again. I used to wonder at what point I would be done with DS, but I never thought it would be this soon, while my kids are still little. I am thankful for a new site where I feel like my voice is absolutely heard and where members are valued. I'm sure this will poof and I will probably be banned or whatever, even though the only "rule" I have broken is to not fall in line.

Fashionably Green Baby 04-02-2014 06:52 AM

:(

TobinsTreasures 04-02-2014 06:55 AM

Re: :( Sad this morning

amen sister.

MamaZnR 04-02-2014 06:57 AM

Yeah I'm tending to agree. I don't feel like I am welcome here. :sadno:

2+2macht4 04-02-2014 06:57 AM

Re: :( Sad this morning

Please give us a chance to digest and discuss everything. It is not as simple as the insinuations being made, people are doing malicious acts. I am not saying that is the case on each person people are asking about, I just dont know anything myself yet. But please keep an open mind that more is going on.

MamaNae 04-02-2014 06:58 AM

Me too, it seems even mods are in the dark about this. Long time, GOOD members get proofed by one person with no oversight from those who are supposed to be the moderators. Why have moderators at all if one person trumps them no matter what?

Fashionably Green Baby 04-02-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2+2macht4
Please give us a chance to digest and discuss everything. It is not as simple as the insinuations being made, people are doing malicious acts. I am not saying that is the case on each person people are asking about, I just dont know anything myself yet. But please keep an open mind that more is going on.

honestly I think Whitney was/will be the final straw for many. She isn't a drama starter, she super sweet, and I think it will be really hard to convince people that she deserved to be removed from this site.

MamaNae 04-02-2014 07:01 AM

More going on? I can tell you it's not that my best friend, who I've known for longer than I have my husband, broke all these rules and is lying to me when she swears she didn't. It's not that at all.

Celeste 04-02-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

See the thing is, I have been keeping an open mind for a couple of weeks. This is all straight up shady. We all know full well that WhitneyWalters never broke a rule. She is the furthest from a pot stirrer. She has been keeping the peace on "the other site" and encouraging others to not be insulting or start drama. The bottom line is, I don't feel welcome here and I don't feel confident in the mods and admin and owners of this site. There are too many unanswered, avoided questions. I don't feel that I owe it to any of tptb to wait and see what they uncover or make up for reasons for banning or what they just decide to sweep under the rug and hope long standing members don't notice. It's insulting to ask me to wait. I know that you personally don't have the answers because you were asleep when all this went down. But Cricket could actually...I don't know...actually answer a freaking question directly every now and then.

AbbieJack 04-02-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

It really is that simple Serena. If you voice disdain for tptb you get whacked with the ban stick. If you ask a valid question they don't want to answer you get banded . It's really obvious at this point and if you don't see that by now you have your head in the sand.