Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How long before AF came back while nursing?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15787)

keeperof3angels 06-20-2006 01:38 AM

How long before AF came back while nursing??

I was just wondering how long it took for AF to come back to everyone after having their baby (besides the bleeding right after birth). My DD is 10 months old now and still no AF, not even the slightest pinkish at all...i'm beginning to wonder if i'm not pregnant again, but i have no symptoms of being. With my other two i didn't have a full one for about a year, but i spotted for a day or so every couple months, especially when i started them on solids....this time around nothing, not even when i started her on solids or if she has a slow slow day...I even went away for a weekend and didn't start (i was still pumping regularly though). :banghead:

Have any of you went this long or longer...i would love to hear!!!

Willys Woolies 06-20-2006 05:01 AM

Re: How long before AF came back while nursing??

For me mine never came back until I weaned them! It was great! LOL! I nursed the first three till they were over one and it stayed away the entire time! I know some mama's get theirs when nursing, but I never did.

yellowcampcat 06-20-2006 05:56 AM

same here. Mine never came back until I weaned my dd at a little over 12 mos.

Kele 06-20-2006 06:47 AM

I got mine back last time at 10 mo pp, but I'm at 1 yr this time with no af but I have an IUD now.
Not much help, sorry.

wbkt8 06-20-2006 07:06 AM

i'm one of the unlucky ones who gets it back early-ish. i was 4.5months pp :yuck: - oh well, on the positive side, i found it had a very positive effect on my libido. and dd's still nursing quite a lot at 21 months.

Proverbs169 06-20-2006 07:11 AM

I wish mine stayed away longer... Both times it has come back at 7 months on the dot. And both times, I was pregnant by 8 months pp. :ahh:

Yeah, you can bet I will be careful come October. (yeah like I would mind being pg again LOL)

Proverbs169 06-20-2006 07:12 AM

Oh- and the first time I was nearly fully bf, the second time I was bfing 100% of the time!

sprout18 06-20-2006 08:19 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. My ds is 10 months and not a hint of AF! I am certainly not complaining though it can stay away as long as it wants!!!
Ericka

bfoster2000 06-20-2006 08:27 AM

I got mine back right away (pp bleeding stopped at 3 weeks, AF started at 4 weeks) and it was like clockwork from then on. Lucky me! :yuck:

I was scared when I got mine back so early, I thought maybe the bleeding was from something birth-related so I went to the doc. The OB checked everything and told me that it was my period and that everyone is different. She said she didn't get hers back until 13 months after she weaned her dd!!! I'm still trying to figure out how THAT was supposed to make me feel better! :headscratch:

4kidzmom 06-20-2006 09:13 AM

Both times I EBF AF came back right when DS's were 11 months each. Mine didn't give a hint of coming back at all. It was wham bam.