Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   post counts? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1579407)

Emmers22185 04-08-2014 05:39 PM

post counts?

Just honestly wondering.

On the post about applying for becoming a mod Andrea wrote:

Applications are now open to join our Moderator team! This community is continuing to grow and we need Moderators to help us keep the community running smoothly. As of today, we are opening up applications to members who would like to join our team!

What do moderators do you ask? Well, we make sure that the site rules are being followed and obeyed. This is very important as we want each of our members to be safe and have a good time here. Moderators also check up on minor infractions and respond to them quickly. We are also here for the community to ask questions to. We strive to answer questions effectively and kindly.

There are also special perks that Moderators receive such as Site Supporter status.

If you feel that this position is for you, please fill out the following application in its entirety.

Must be an active ds member for at least 1 year and have at least 2,000 posts.Please title your PM Mod Application
and PM it to me, Harmony96

Several of the new mods don't have that many posts. I am sure some didn't apply because they didnt have enough post count, but you added mods that didn't meet your own criteria?

jacksmommy1 04-08-2014 05:44 PM

Re: post counts?

Huh. I noticed that one of the mods had a low count...i never read through the mod post before, i didn't realize there was a minimum. I bet a lot more would have applied knowing that wasn't actually a requisite?

Emmers22185 04-08-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 17335421)
Huh. I noticed that one of the mods had a low count...i never read through the mod post before, i didn't realize there was a minimum. I bet a lot more would have applied knowing that wasn't actually a requisite?

I just think a lot of people didn't apply because of the post that listed criteria and then they chose people who didn't meet it. I think the criteria made a lot of popele who who would have made good mods not apply at all because of maybe thier post counts.

Emmers22185 04-08-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 17335421)

There are at least 2 that don't meet the post criteria.

hbee 04-08-2014 05:52 PM

I misremembered. I thought it was only 1k.

Emmers22185 04-08-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbee (Post 17335442)
I misremembered. I thought it was only 1k.

Andrea's post for Mod Applications open said 2k, but one doesn't even have 800.

Blindbatbeth 04-08-2014 06:03 PM

It's a good question , I don't think it's going to be answered because all the "rules" are changing

Brooke789 04-08-2014 06:11 PM

The minimum was probably reduced after all the apps came in (and maybe there weren't enough with the 2K posts).

hbee 04-08-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmers22185 (Post 17335446)
Andrea's post for Mod Applications open said 2k, but one doesn't even have 800.

I didn't mean you were wrong, just that I was only mentally questioning one prior to this thread. :)

Blindbatbeth 04-08-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooke789
The minimum was probably reduced after all the apps came in (and maybe there weren't enough with the 2K posts).

Actually that makes sense, I did hear of some that were denied that met both but I don't know anyone on her that personal so I don't know why they pick the ones that they did. However if they reduced the requirement they might of gotten a bigger response. Maybe the current mods knew these woman personally