Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Castor oil on belly (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158051)

evandmp 05-31-2007 05:08 PM

Castor oil on belly

Anyone know more about this. I've read about some people doing it but no specifics and I tried searching online and could only find out about people drinking it. I'm now about 4cms when I checked this morning and would like to see if there is anything I can do to help the full moon out. I ate a pineapple yesterday and it did not do anything but it was tasty, lol. TIA. Oh and dh wont bd with me as he is too scared.

dolphingirl 05-31-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Castor oil on belly

Hi! With my last pregnancy, my midwife had me massage my belly with castor oil a couple times a day starting at about 5 days past my due date. She said it would be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream and not cause the digestive problems of drinking it. She said to reserve drinking it as a last resort (I'm thinking if I was 2 weeks overdue maybe? I'm not sure). Anyways, once it got to 7 days past my due date or so she also massaged my cervix with evening primrose oil and had me take some herbs. On the 9th day past my due date, I was scheduled to have acupuncture done that afternoon, but thankfully went into labor before it was time to go to the appointment! So, I don't know what role, if any, the castor oil played, but supposedly it helped!
Kristin

akrab 05-31-2007 07:28 PM

I have had it IN my belly but not ON my belly lol

sorry I am no help :hugs:

evandmp 05-31-2007 08:13 PM

Thanks. I think I will just rub it on my belly and then put a warm towel over it. If it doesnt work at least I tried.

Leininger27 05-31-2007 08:18 PM

You just rub it on your belly and put a warm cloth on it. You want the cloth to stay warm... Also you could try nipple stimulation. That should get things started for ya! :mrgreen:

massage mama 06-01-2007 05:20 AM

I was alos thinking last night with the full moon I would have my baby but I actually had the best sleep in many weeks. I was getting up at 4 or 5 every morning and not being able to fall asleep.

We attempted the sex thing in the afternoon, and I am very low in the tummy. But still no baby. Not even a twinge just the wave like movement downward from the baby. I keep thinking it will cause my water to break and labour will begin. That is how it happened with DS at 38.5 weeks. BUt I am just 37 weeks yesterday. I'll go for a walk today to see. And I'm giving a massage this morning at 10 am, maybe the movement will help too.

I'm not in any hurry just feel like it is going to happen soon. When this baby is ready we will go and not a moment sooner. The baby actually sends a hormonal signal to start labour. So now we wait.
Fun
Good luck!
T

Isabellasmom 06-01-2007 09:19 PM

I am not sure if it really did anything for me but I would sit in the bath w/ oil on my belly and a warm cloth over it. I went in to labor 5 days after my due date avoiding another c-section, but I also tried every other trick in the book as well. Good luck