Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pets (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   What cat litter do you use? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581876)

livelaughlove 04-30-2014 08:11 AM

What cat litter do you use?

I have three cats. I've been using Scoop Away, but the dust in the area where the two litter boxes are is overwhelming. I need something that would not produce so much dust. I am a little scared to change their litter, but am willing to at least try to cut down on the dust. Thanks.

oregonmom 04-30-2014 06:57 PM

Re: What cat litter do you use?

We use fresh step because we have tried other things and our cat hates them. I like the recycled newspaper litter for lack of mess, but our cat didn't like it. We were using yesterday's news brand.

mms1972 04-30-2014 07:01 PM

I like the Arm and Hammer Natural clumping litter....no dust but it does track :(

whitters 04-30-2014 07:11 PM

We just recently put our litter box in a cabinet with a cat flap to keep the kids out, and we use Arm & Hammer super scoop which isn't particularly dusty. the number one way to cut down on dust is to use a litter lifter brand scoop (you don't have to shake the litter at all, it just glides through instantly). We tried the breeze litter system which is great if your cat will use it because the pellets are zero dust, but my older cat was to used to arm and hammer to make a consistent switch.

homebirthmom 04-30-2014 07:12 PM

there is a brand in a bag, and it clumps and is so freeking cheap. I loved it. I think it was $6 a bag and was a blue bag with baking powder but not the bad scented kind where its toxic for cats. i wish I could recall name but havent had a cat in 2 yrs.

mouse243 04-30-2014 07:15 PM

We switched to the breeze litter system several months ago and have been happy with it.

Mom2jandb 04-30-2014 07:43 PM

I highly recommend Swheat Scoop. It is wheat and flushable, but you don't have to flush it. Minimal dust, if any, and it *almost* smells like bread baking when they pee.

kimb96 05-01-2014 06:14 AM

I've been using fresh set for years. I like it because there is no cat pee or poop smell with it. The only time I notice dust is when I dump more litter in. I scoop daily and add more litter as needed.

momof3boysNC 05-01-2014 08:21 AM

Our cats are inside/outside cats now but in the beginning for the litter box we used Driz-it. It's available at Automotive stores and we've gotten it at Wal-mart.

My husband and his father are Mechanics. His family has used Driz-it for cat litter for a long time. In my opinion it works SO much better than the other stuff, it's not as dusty or perfumey. I grew up with cats and have experience with lots of brands of litter but Driz-it beats them all, I highly recommend it!!

**Driz-it is normally used for automotive spills but on the bag it lists different uses and one is for cat litter. Oh and it's more cost effective too, a big bag of Driz-it lasts a long time. :)

Lizanne 05-01-2014 11:52 AM

We've used Cedarific Natural Cedar Chips and loved it. I can't handle the dust either.