Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Want to give your 2 cents on names? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158195)

jada2929 05-31-2007 09:02 PM

Want to give your 2 cents on names?

I posted a few weeks ago asking for the names of your kids over in Off Topic, and man was that inspirational. You guys have great taste! Anyway, it's narrowed down now(sorta) with 5 weeks to go, so I want to poll you guys since we don't share our names to real life friends and family. DH already has his mind made up with the 2 he likes but I'm undecided.....

So here goes- our DD is names Maren- we pronounce it Mahr-en, (not Mare-in that rhymes with Karen) Not sure if knowing her name will help anyone choose this baby

Last name is De S____

OK so girls
Eve Elizabeth
Arlo Jane
Charlotte Wyn
Maeve_____
Violet _____

Boys (James is the middle name no matter what.)
Henry James
Ezra James
Calvin (Cal) James
Abram (Bram) James

maggie_may 05-31-2007 09:04 PM

Re: Want to give your 2 cents on names?

I vote Charlotte and Calvin. Or Henry. Yeah, Henry. No, wait...Calvin.

mother4JC 05-31-2007 09:08 PM

I would say if you like the name Violet it is an older name and not used much anymore. I like names that are not common or I spell it differnt to make it uncommon. I am a nut. For the boy I say Calvin!!

1happymama 05-31-2007 09:10 PM

Sure, I'll give my :2cents: even though I can't come up with a name for our little guy due in August...:giggle:

For a girl, I love Charlotte...DH and I both really liked that for a girl...but we're having a boy plus we've been doing the whole biblical first name thing...oh well. But Charlotte is such a beautiful name.

For the boy, I have to say that Calvin stood out as a nice sounding name.

akrab 05-31-2007 09:12 PM

I love Violet and Henry :thumbsup:

jada2929 05-31-2007 09:12 PM

Forgot to mention--
Violet is DH's Grandma's name....
Henry is my Great Grandpa's name and my Dad's middle name, so those names have family history. Not wanting to choose the names based on that reason alone though, but it helps to know that ;)

sherbear178 06-01-2007 05:51 PM

I love Ezra and Arlo.:goodvibes:

Mamabexter 06-01-2007 05:53 PM

I'm a big fan of Henry!

¤Steelers_Mama¤ 06-01-2007 06:58 PM

LOVE Abram James!

nadjarea 06-01-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jada2929 (Post 1194749)
I posted a few weeks ago asking for the names of your kids over in Off Topic, and man was that inspirational. You guys have great taste! Anyway, it's narrowed down now(sorta) with 5 weeks to go, so I want to poll you guys since we don't share our names to real life friends and family. DH already has his mind made up with the 2 he likes but I'm undecided.....

So here goes- our DD is names Maren- we pronounce it Mahr-en, (not Mare-in that rhymes with Karen) Not sure if knowing her name will help anyone choose this baby

Last name is De S____

OK so girls
Eve Elizabeth
Arlo Jane
Charlotte Wyn
Maeve_____
Violet _____

Boys (James is the middle name no matter what.)
Henry James
Ezra James
Calvin (Cal) James
Abram (Bram) James

Eve Elizabeth or Ezra James....LOVE THEM!:goodvibes: