Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long to wait to test? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15911)

Mom22girlz 06-20-2006 01:05 PM

How long to wait to test?

I am suppose to start my period tomarrow but if I don't, should I call midwife for a blood draw thursday or should I wait??? When is the blood test positive after you become pregnant. What would you do?

bfoster2000 06-20-2006 01:08 PM

Re: How long to wait to test?

A blood test will come back positive sooner than a urine test, but most home pregnancy tests say they can pick up right around the time your period is due. So you could possibly get a positive HPT today or tomorrow but you should definitely get a positive blood test at this point. Good luck!

OneFabMama 06-20-2006 01:08 PM

Blood tests are + at 5 mils of hcg so pretty dang early.
but you asked what i would do and that would get my BOOTY ON THE CAR AND GO BUY A HPT! I would have taken 5 by now lol

Samantha 06-20-2006 01:23 PM

I agree, if af is due TOMORROW...test today!!! Get one with a light sensitivity...like 25mu/u or whatever 25! I know that First response is that low and maybe walmart equate brand is? Oh, and the answer tests are that low too.

DO IT NOW!

Sarah0903 06-20-2006 01:36 PM

I would go get a hpt and see what it says. Some of them can tell that you are preggo when AF is due.

Mom22girlz 06-20-2006 02:07 PM

For some reaseon I don't get positive pee tests. I was 10 weeks pregnant with my first when I found out I was pg with her. The blood test came back + but the pee test I had taken 2 days was - .Same with the second I miscaried that baby but with dd#2 I did not even waist my money I just do the bloodtest from now on.
Rachel

Kimmomy2dom 06-20-2006 02:16 PM

The blood test could already come up positive for you - doesn't take much. I think if I remember right they say to wait until 7dpo for blood draw, but it may be able to tell earlier. :) Let us know what happens!

Mom22girlz 06-22-2006 08:15 AM

well I am cheap so I thought I will go to the dollar store and buy one of there brands and I got one took it about 30 minutes ago and ............... Two lines!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My fourth pregnancy and my first postive pee test.

Wow

Rachel

Shannon 06-22-2006 08:22 AM

:lostit: :lostit: :lostit: AWESOME! Congradulations! How exciting!

~stacy~ 06-22-2006 08:26 AM

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Congratulations mama!