Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   when did contractions begin? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159386)

massage mama 06-03-2007 05:26 AM

when did contractions begin?

I'm awaiting arrival of #2 and had dropping sensation Wed. I'm only 37.5 weeks but already thinking about the pain of contractions.
For DS my water broke at 7 am and at 8am my contractions began.
Just wondering what time of day contractions began for you.
Do they usually start first thing in morning?

scorpiox2 06-03-2007 05:44 AM

Re: when did contractions begin?

my contractions started in the early evening and dd was born about 3-4 hours after they began. i was 3 days over due according to my edd.

*Katherine* 06-03-2007 06:06 AM

I had some contractions late evening, 8-9ish and all through dinner. They were totally unpainful, I actually thought they were Braxton Hicks contractions that were kinda regular. Went on for a few hours and then stopped. Nothing until at 3:50 a.m. when my water broke. After my water broke, I would get a few random contractions for about 2-2.5 hours, none painful or all that noticable until I had to get a uterine catheter (water had HEAVY merconium in it).

lunamoth 06-03-2007 08:34 AM

My water broke at 10 pm, unbeknownst to me (thought I lost control of my bladder, LOL!):laugh:

Contractions started then but I thought they were Braxton Hicks so I tried to get some sleep. I caught hell from the midwife for not telling her & heading to hospital as soon as my water broke but I'm glad I didn't because DD wasn't born until 11:30 pm the next night anyway...

marymom 06-03-2007 08:36 AM

my water broke at 6:15 am and i had to walk walk walk to bring on contractions. i would say around luchtime is when they started becoming consistent.

McKenzie 06-03-2007 08:46 AM

The first twinges of contractions started two days prior, in the afternoon, while I was at work. At that point, I wasn't sure if they were Braxton-Hicks, or the real thing.

I think more people "start" in the evening because it is when they start to slow down enough to notice them!

kezoo 06-03-2007 08:55 AM

Well, I could only vote once, although I have 2 kids & contractions started at different times. With Gavin, it was nighttime and Claire was mid-morning.

EmnJJsMom 06-03-2007 09:03 AM

My contractions began before I got out of bed in the morning (around 6 am). DD1 was in my room with me watching a movie. I was only 36 weeks 6 days so I assumed they were just some wicked braxton hicks. Went to the hospital at 130 pm, expecting to go home, dilated from 2 cm to 4 cm the first hour I was there. Dilated to 5 in the second hour, got stuck there. At 10 pm my water broke. Stayed at 5. At 530 am I was still at 5 cm, I went to the bathroom and came back and they checked me, I was fully dilated and at +3 station. DD2 was born at 5:56 am. So I was in labor for a full day, but only about 11 or 12 hours of it was really bad and only about 4 hours of it was real torture lol.

ETA: DD1 was induced, so the time contractions started doesnt really count lol.

Shadowwolf549 06-03-2007 09:15 AM

With DS #1 I was induced at 39 wks 1 day. I went in in the early morning. My ctx started after they broke my water and started pitocin. :yuck: So, by about 10 am or so, I was having ctx! I delivered him at 12:14 AM. I only pushed for 45 mins even though he was 8 lbs 7 ozs and face up. OUCH!!!

With the triplets I went to the OB/GYN doc the day before we had them for an NST and I was having ctx then. We showed the Doc the strip with ctx on it (like 4-5 in a 30 min period) and he laughed and sent me home! :eek: I didn't feel good all day and night (DH was on duty, so I couldn't call him). The next morning I took a shower and started really "Feeling" them, so I called the doc and went to the hospital. By the time we got there I was 9 cm!!! :eek: :ahh: :whoa: So as you can imagine that was interesting. From the time they checked me to the time all three babies were out was less than 45 mins! They literally pulled someone off the OR table (she was getting ready for her spinal) to do my c-section!!!

joyful mother 06-03-2007 09:25 AM

If you make the poll that we can vote multiple choices it will be more accurate. I didn't vote as you can see I have multiple answers

#1 mid evening~ then went to sleep woke up after midnight had him at 5:20 a.m.
#2 morning~we were out for an overnight get away before baby came woke up made love went to breakfast went home to have my baby at 10:20 p.m.
#3 late evening~ Had a wonderful mother's day brunch around 9pm DH rubbed the pressure point on my ankle, we made love, and at 10pm went to bed I never went to sleep cause contractions got started got up at 11pm had baby at 11:45pm
#4 ? I had been having lite contractions for days went into midwife at 1pm she checked me I was a 6 or 7 dropped off children went home to meet the other midwife at 2pm she stripped my membranes to get things really going (this would be when I felt like labor really started) had baby between 4-5.