Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   anybody do vbac?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159616)

Jekky 06-03-2007 03:42 PM

anybody do vbac??

Due to DS being breech I had to have C/S after 22 hours of labour.
I only dialated to 4 cms, and labour pains got BAD at that point, but I think it was due to nerves once they told me what had to happen.
I was shaking SO bad the whole time before and after the only thing that helped was 2 shots of demerol.
Also DS ended up in special care nursery b/c they thought he had fluid in his lungs.
This was SO opposite of my birth plan, I didn't even stay for the part they talk about c/s in our prenatal class.
I would like to try VBAC, but there are reasons I'd like a C/S too.
I have till Jan to think about it, but I'd like to hear other ppls experiences since I only know one momma who ever did do VBAC successfully.

geckoed 06-03-2007 03:46 PM

Re: anybody do vbac??

I did :) After FOUR c/sections. You can do it momma!

marymom 06-03-2007 03:47 PM

i had a VBA2C in March and i wouldn't trade it for the world!!!!

littlelutes 06-03-2007 04:03 PM

I had a VBAC with my second I was dilated all the way to 9 with my first and then her heart stopped beating(she is just fine). I had a quick 6 hour labor and delivery with my son with no complicatiions and would not trade it for anything. As a matter of fact I'm due with my third in August and absolutely plan on trying for another VBAC. You can do it and in my opinion it is well worth it.

Jekky 06-03-2007 09:05 PM

Thanks ladies. Anyone care to elaborate on their stories?
Did you do it all natural the 2nd time? (or 5th time in some cases:blush: )
Did you have a Doula or midwife?
My doc says no midwife b/c she has worked with them in England and Canada and in CA they are not as well regulated and she has seen horror stories + I am a "special case" since i had a C/S already.

marymom 06-03-2007 09:08 PM

well i had a midwife and homebirth b/c no dr or hospital would even discuss a vbac b/c i had 2 c-sections. :dontlikeit:

rachaelmomma 06-03-2007 09:26 PM

I had a VBAC just 8 wks ago! Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it, or that it is not "allowed"! I ended up with an emergency c/s with my first, due to (in my opinion) my lack of education/research on the birthing process. I gave birth to my second in a hospital only because my insurance does not pay for a midwife, and we couldn't afford it. Honestly, this birth experience could not have been better! I got to feel my son come out, and my husband got to catch! If you want to hear more of my birth story, just PM me and I would be happy to share! Also, the folks over at ICAN.org have a ton of information on c/s and how to avoid one in the future, as well as support groups! Hope I helped!:mrgreen:

mondoowolfe 06-03-2007 09:31 PM

I'd try the VBAC. . . you probably had the super long labor because you were breech - nothing super hard to press and dilate the cervix. Because that was your reason for C/S, you have an EXCELLENT chance of successful VBAC!

laniesmommy 06-03-2007 09:42 PM

I had a c/s with my first due to breech presentation.

I became pg with #2 when my 1st was just 12 months old. I found a Dr was that was 110% supportive of my wish to VBAC. At my 38 week visit, the Dr said the baby was low and she suspected that it wouldn't be long. The next day, contractions came on with a fury while I was eating dinner. Within an hour, we had to leave for the birthing center. 10 minutes after our arrival, without the assistance of the OB, our little girl came into the world. It was an awesome experience.

My 2nd VBAC was a HBAC, waterbirth. This babe was here less than an hour after my first contraction hit me. This was the most awesome experience of my life. No words can describe it.

Find a Dr. or midwife that is experienced with VBACs. Talk to other Mommas that have been through it. Know your rights. Nobody can force you have a repeat c/s, no matter what they try to tell you. Above all else, trust your body!

:hugs: