Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Article in Newsweek about BFing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160146)

kaspears17 06-04-2007 01:25 PM

Article in Newsweek about BFing

Check out the link to Newsweek, they have an article about more states making laws to protect breastfeeding in public. I SO applaud that!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18999858/site/newsweek/

However, I was appalled by some of the comments from readers! I had to pub in my 2 cents and let them know that bfing is totally natural.

negrapy 06-04-2007 01:38 PM

Re: Article in Newsweek about BFing

"regardless of what is dangling in front of them"
this person has obviously never seen a breastfeeding baby
:holysheep: some of those comments

sourpatch_babe 06-04-2007 02:16 PM

I'm sorry but I see women walking around with their thongs hanging out; shirts so low cut I can see their belly buttons through the cleavage; and with skirts so short that their pancreas is showing and somehow that's natural? and normal? How about all those plummer butts that you see out there? I mean, the nastiest thing in the world is a big man with back boobies with a plummer butt. And why is breastfeeding not normal but that is? I don't understand people sometimes.

KatiesMom 06-04-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe (Post 1218680)
I'm sorry but I see women walking around with their thongs hanging out; shirts so low cut I can see their belly buttons through the cleavage; and with skirts so short that their pancreas is showing and somehow that's natural? and normal? How about all those plummer butts that you see out there? I mean, the nastiest thing in the world is a big man with back boobies with a plummer butt. And why is breastfeeding not normal but that is? I don't understand people sometimes.

:spit: HAHAHAHAHAHA... pancreas...

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

negrapy 06-04-2007 08:51 PM

you moms have to read these comments
my dh and i are enjoying the comedy hour together here

liztiara84 06-05-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe (Post 1218680)

:spit: :thumbsup:

It was nice to read a positive article about NIP though!

Mommyof2boys 06-05-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy (Post 1220951)
you moms have to read these comments
my dh and i are enjoying the comedy hour together here

I spent about an hour last night (between tending to the kids and reading) reading those and laughed at some, and got upset at others...

DH agreed with me, thank God! He's a bit backwards, and he wants me to try and cover up, but he doesn't DIE if I don't! LOL!

dancnfool 06-05-2007 01:02 PM

I was always a little shy about nursing my dd in public. Much less so with my son. I don't know if its more practice, more age, or some of the things that I've come to realize like:
Isn't the only difference between my breasts and my DHs a little extra fat? He has a nipple too and his can be exposed w/o controversy.
And its not just function either - because I recently learned that men can lactate!

Kristi S 06-06-2007 07:56 PM

I haven't read the comments- I'm not in the mood to get angry-
but I'm super pleased to see an artical about NIP in a non-parenting magazine. Hopefully it will help in the quest to "normalize" nursing in public.

Kristi

sherbear178 06-06-2007 10:21 PM

I am glad to see a supportive BFing article. I read some of the comments and I just dont see how people can get so offended by a woman feeding her baby. Its the most natural thing in the world, its what a woman's body was made to do. I agree with PP, I would much rathar see a mother nourishing her baby than someone running around showing their panties(or lack there of). :goodvibes: