Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   sex and nursing! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160605)

kayleesmom 06-05-2007 09:24 AM

sex and nursing!

hi all, i am 2 wk post partum and hubby and i dtd last nite i am exclusively pumping and i noticed while we were dtd my hubby was avoiding my breasts(i think he thinks they may be sore). But i was just not really into sex! How do you keep your sex life alive while nursing? also maybe it was becuase we had to use a condom becuase i havent been for my 6 wk and havent gotten the IUD yet.

So how do you make sex fun while nursing!

Mom2Gray 06-05-2007 09:43 AM

Re: sex and nursing!

:popcorn:

shannong 06-05-2007 09:44 AM

For me, th e BIGGEST challenge was to be able to "turn off mommy mode" and turn on wife mode. It can be a real challenge! The easiest way for ME to turn off mommy mode was to have DH help me through out the day and to touch/hug through out the day as well. that way it kinda built up to bed time, or nap time.

Do you WANT DH to include your breasts in sex/foreplay? This is a personal choice for everyone. Some women don't want it others don't mind, or even enjoy it. I found personally that as DS got older Liked it, but when he was small they were off limits.

Honestly, at 2 wks PP, take it easy and just try to go with the flow. You WILL find something that works for you and this WILL change as the baby gets older too. (it gets easier).

Shannon

sourpatch_babe 06-05-2007 10:35 AM

I can't help you in the getting turned on since that wasn't a prob for me :) But I can tell you that until I weaned The Kid at 14 months, The Hubby wouldn't touch the boobage. He said that it felt "icky" to touch that knowing The Kid was eating off of them.

laniesmommy 06-05-2007 10:58 AM

2 weeks PP!?!

Um, I don't think I could even think about sex at 2 weeks PP.

I think DH will come around.

:goodvibes:

negrapy 06-05-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmommy (Post 1223969)
2 weeks PP!?!

Um, I don't think I could even think about sex at 2 weeks PP.

I think DH will come around.

:goodvibes:

:yeahthat:
my dh said he'd bring cookies to bed to go w/ the milk w/ ods with this 2nd one ... he doesnt even hesitate ummmm was that tmi?

Fullhouse 06-05-2007 11:34 AM

Don't stress at 2 weeks pp over not being "into it". Your hormones are out of whack, and little to no interest is normal.

nikkiof5 06-05-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy (Post 1224283)
my dh said he'd bring cookies to bed to go w/ the milk w/ ods with this 2nd one ... he doesnt even hesitate ummmm was that tmi?

:giggle:

Mommyof2boys 06-05-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy (Post 1224283)

:spit: Thanks for the laugh!

At two weeks I was ready too, but since I had stitches I wouldn't...he's 3 weeks old today, and I think I will wait at least another week or so...LOL...

I don't mind for DH to touch/kiss but not on the nipples, kwim?

I sugguest getting a really sexy nursing bra (yes, they do sell them) and leave it on during...guys always love lingerie!

ommelissa 06-05-2007 11:50 AM

i'm so glad someone brought this up! i am 7 months PP, and i still have zero desire and my body just DOES NOT respond to DH. it totally feels like a job to both of us! anybody have any other suggestions?
BTW, two weeks PP? aren't you still sore?