Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sretch marks? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16137)

Shannon 06-21-2006 08:35 AM

Sretch marks?

I don't want to come of rude or mean, I'm just curious if anyone else didn't get any stretch marks? *knock on wood*. I did get some on the tops of my breasts but not on my abdomin or legs.

myajdw 06-21-2006 08:46 AM

Re: Sretch marks?

with my first ds i only got some on the bottoms of my breasts and some on my hips and that was it. second ds did me in on my stomach and the top inside of my thighs. this ds so far has made some of those further and i have some on my thighs this time as well. my sisters on the other hand...one got a couple on her lower tummy (delivered both her ds's early early though), and my oldest sister only got them on her bum lol (she has 3 girls). it all has to do with the elasticity of your skin i think. so some of it is simply luck of the genetic draw!!!

GrowingUpMad 06-21-2006 08:52 AM

Lucky you!! I got a ton when I had my son (nothing like a road map looking tummy at 16 years old) and thought I couldn't possibly get anymore witht he next. #2 added a few in places I didn't know could stretch and also stretched out the tops of all my previous marks. Now I am on #3, 29 weeks along and my belly is starting to itch. I just know more are to come. Oh, and yes I put cream all over every day and nothing has ever worked.

a_cthelen 06-21-2006 09:04 AM

I think some women are genetically disposed to getting them. I used cream everyday from the time I was 2 months along and got stretch marks in my late 3rd trimester. I didn't gain much weight at all, but they still appeared. I just think of it as a little reminder of how big my belly was! :mrgreen:

bfoster2000 06-21-2006 09:11 AM

One of my cousins didn't get any at all with her first...I got a few but not nearly as bad as some people I know. With this one, all the old stretch marks just seem to be getting longer! I had actually expected to get them much worse because when I had my growth spurts during puberty, I got stretch marks all over from growing taller so fast...I figured pregnancy would do me in for sure!

One thing I read somewhere when I was pregnant with DJ was about a study someone had done to see if getting stretchmarks was in any way related to tearing during labor...like if your skin is really elastic and doesn't get stretchmarks, you'll be less likely to tear? They found a slight correlation...just thought it was interesting...

myajdw 06-21-2006 09:17 AM

hmmm i don't know about that study. but they did just say a SLIGHT correlation so i guess that doesn't account for much. like i said with ds2 i got tons of them and the only reason i tore with him was b/c his hand was on top of his head. but as with any study it's not 100% correct and they did only say SLIGHT. that would kind of make sense though.

Namaste 06-21-2006 09:20 AM

No I didn't - just lucky. But I need to lose about 40 lbs!

Sarah0903 06-21-2006 09:54 AM

Youa re so lucky. I have them all over my breasts, on my belly, my legs down to the calves, my butt even has one just on top of where the crack stops. I look like my whole body is celulite from them. i did go from 130 - 185 with my sona nd then from 160 - 225 with my daughter so the huge weight gain is what is to blame)

MamaMel 06-21-2006 09:57 AM

It's weird but I got stretch marks w/ my first on the sides and on the body of my belly but they didn't get worse with number 2 and infact they are not noticable anymore unless you look real close. I expected them to get worse and not better!!!!

ewebabymama 06-21-2006 10:14 AM

Mine are everywhere, it makes me self conscious and I no longer wear shorts. I have them on my belly, boobs, thighs, behind my knees, around my armpits.

Nothing like being 24 and having such disgusting belly flab. In a few years I'm getting a tummy tuck. Stupid, maybe, but I want to feel better about my body.