Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Should I get some preemie PF's? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162549)

*Katherine* 06-08-2007 05:48 AM

Should I get some preemie PF's?

I have 12 infant prefolds and around 32 NB fitteds (including some KL0). Mia was 5 lbs 13 oz, so I am really not thinking this one will be huge. Should I invest in a dozen preemie PF's?

3rockstars 06-08-2007 05:54 AM

Re: Should I get some preemie PF's?

Definitely. They are SO cheap, especially at co-op prices, and they can be used later on as doublers, pocket inserts, etc. We use them to add just that extra touch of absorbency in a toddler prefold at naptime.

clothAnnie 06-08-2007 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faerybugmady (Post 1245728)
Definitely. They are SO cheap, especially at co-op prices, and they can be used later on as doublers, pocket inserts, etc. We use them to add just that extra touch of absorbency in a toddler prefold at naptime.

Pardon a newbie, please! We're expecting our first in Oct. I just bought 6 infant CPFs (know we'll need more) and am thinking it would be wise to have some preemie PFs, also. I don't see any prefold co-ops in the co-op section. How often do PF co-ops form? Am I looking in the right spot? Thanks! :)

shannong 06-08-2007 06:47 AM

I would get 1-2 dozen premie PF. It sounds like you have small babies. The infant PF will swallow her or you will be folding alot down. You MAY even want to get 1 dozen newborn PF form www.greenmountaindiapers.com then I would get 1 dozen premie and 1 dozen newborn. It looks like you plan on mostly using fitteds. that is great, but the premie PF could also be used as doublers in the fitteds, or inserts in small pockets etc. I would definately get 1 dozen Premie PF.

To answer the question about co-ops.. yes, you are looking int he right spot. You just have to keep your eyes open for a new one starting up. Also diaper traders is another place to look for co ops.

Shannon

nikolaki 06-08-2007 06:56 AM

I think is $14 or less for a dozen preemies - less through a co-op. I think it is a good idea. You can use them for doubler too. Plus they are so cute and itty bitty.:goodvibes:

mikkismama 06-08-2007 06:58 AM

Definitely. I expect my baby to be over 7lbs and I'm still getting a dozen or two. I dont like the thought of a super bulky dipe on a nb. The worst thing that can happen is they out grow them quicky, but there are so many uses beyond that, that makes them worth your while.

imommy 06-08-2007 07:12 AM

Sure why not? You can always use them as doublers when she gets older if you don't use them as actual dipes when she's tiny. :mrgreen:

BTW, I just noticed your sig...is your DH a firefighter or police officer? :)

*Katherine* 06-08-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imommy (Post 1246137)
Sure why not? You can always use them as doublers when she gets older if you don't use them as actual dipes when she's tiny. :mrgreen:

BTW, I just noticed your sig...is your DH a firefighter or police officer? :)

Firefighter ;)

3rockstars 06-08-2007 07:29 AM

Somebody should totally start a prefold co-op. I could use a dozen preemies, a few infant, and a few premium. I ended up selling all mine. Yes this is totally the spot to look. There isn't one going on right now but someone SHOULD start one.:goodvibes: :giggle:

imommy 06-08-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiasMom2006 (Post 1246185)
Firefighter ;)

:happyclap: So is mine! :loveit: