Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why didn't I think of this sooner? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162573)

mikkismama 06-08-2007 08:24 AM

Why didn't I think of this sooner?

I finally moved my diaper champ into the bathroom. I can't believe I spent this entire time running back and forth with poo to drop in the toilet, back to the room to throw it in the pail, then back to the bathroom to wash my hands.
This just simplifies life. Plus now my dd's room doesn't have to smell like a pile of poo. :yuck: At least I can make some potpourri for the bathroom since no one lives in there. :mrgreen:
Where do you gals keep your pail?

2sunshines 06-08-2007 08:28 AM

Re: Why didn't I think of this sooner?

We have a tiny house, so I keep our diaper pail on the little landing to the basement (where the washer and dryer is).

But the sweet part is that I have a 6 year old who takes most of my diapers from me to the pail. :thumbsup:

Mamalicious 06-08-2007 08:30 AM

I keep my pail in the laundry room. I change ds in the living room then dump the poop in the toilet and put the dipe in the laundry room which is next to the pow der room. Thankfully the laundry room is on the "mainfloor" so I only have to go down 1 flight of stairs. Sometimes I change him on the landing which is outside both rooms which is fine because I keep his dipe bag there so there's always a change pad. I run up and down the stairs all day long because most of our rooms are on their own floors so it wouldn't make much difference where I changed ds!

mhibberd 06-08-2007 08:31 AM

LOL! I have a larger pail in the bedroom where I put pee dipes and a smaller one in the bathroom for the poo ones and my wipes.

DDs room is attatched to the bathroom, so I just take the dipe right in there, dump, and toss in the poo pail:giggle: I don't have a smell issue till it gets really hot a muggy and I like that in the bathroom I can just turn on the fan. Usually only detctable with I open the lid, then I just use the fan to clean the residual smell out fo the room after that.

jrk 06-08-2007 08:34 AM

It used to be in the livingroom when the cds were kept there, then I moved it to the bathroom closet, then upstairs to ds' room, then back down to the bathroom.

It's been moved a lot! But in the bathroom is the best place for it IMO.

mommy2alex2004 06-08-2007 08:36 AM

We keep the pail in the kids' bathroom. Funny, we used a diaper champ but I couldn't get my WAHMies pail liner to fit in it properly so I bought a touch top trash can from wal mart. Now there is zero smell in the bathroom unless you open the top of the pail and then it is just momentarily. Until we bought the trash can, DS's room stunk (but maybe I am just remembering when we used sposies :lostit: ).

Anyhow, it is in the bathroom also because when we were CDing DS, he kept playing with the Diaper Champ instead of napping once he was out of the crib. That thing is awfully fun to play with when flipping the top back and forth. :giggle:

mikkismama 06-08-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhibberd (Post 1246235)
LOL! I have a larger pail in the bedroom where I put pee dipes and a smaller one in the bathroom for the poo ones and my wipes.

Thats the other benefit. I don't have to have a separate place for my wipes. :mrgreen: