Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What are your favorite covers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162654)

foreverinlove181 06-08-2007 09:56 AM

What are your favorite covers?

I think that I want to get some prefolds but want to look at covers :)

So what are your favorite?

L J 06-08-2007 09:59 AM

Re: What are your favorite covers?

WWBs - wigglewormbottoms.com She reopens for customs on Monday.

imommy 06-08-2007 10:00 AM

wool or fleece :thumbsup: We don't do PUL covers in our house because I have yet to find one that fits my little guy. :banghead:

I liked Bummis Original for the short time he fit in the size large but the large is too small and the XL is too big. Sorry I'm not much help. :laugh: When we use prefolds we almost always use wool.

foreverinlove181 06-08-2007 10:02 AM

This may sound like a stupid questions but how often do you wash your covers? After they soil their diaper? I am trying to see how many I would need :)

mama23boys 06-08-2007 10:05 AM

www.wigglewormbottoms.com amy is awesome!! and of course wool.

i wash my covers if they get soiled or smell like pee.

zwickjb 06-08-2007 10:06 AM

Dancing bears covers....awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverinlove181 (Post 1247214)
I think that I want to get some prefolds but want to look at covers :)

So what are your favorite?

imommy 06-08-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverinlove181 (Post 1247268)
This may sound like a stupid questions but how often do you wash your covers? After they soil their diaper? I am trying to see how many I would need :)

For wool it depends. If he gets poo on it then I go ahead and wash it. That hardly ever happens with my toddler though so usually I wash my wool every three to four weeks. Right now we aren't using anything (he's going coverless since it's so hot). If it gets damp then I hang it to dry. If it gets stinky I wash it. If it gets saturated I generally wash it. The beauty of wool is that you can use it multiple times without washing it (unless it's super dirty of course).

For fleece it depends. If it doesn't get wet then we use it for a few days. If it does get wet or soiled I go ahead and wash it.

It all really depends on how many covers you have in your stash. When we did use PUL covers I hung them to dry after every use (had about six in rotation) so that they didn't get stinky. I usually washed them once a week or so depending on how much they were used and if they got wet or stinky.

KarenK 06-08-2007 10:06 AM

I like Thirsties, BSWW, and So Simple.

I wash PUL covers as needed. Sometimes they only require a wipe down on the inside after changes and other times they need a full wash. It depends on the condition of the diaper they just came off of. :)

I always fasten pf's inside the cover with a snappi. I've had bad luck with just laying it in the cover.

mhibberd 06-08-2007 10:07 AM

Serenity Baby covers from www.theserenedreamshop.com for day. The are super cute with hidden layer of PUL. And her prices are awsome $7/nb, $8/sm, $9/md, $10/lg and her shipping rates are very good too.

ProWraps for night. Never had a leak with them.

And I also like bummis. I only have one right now though.

foreverinlove181 06-08-2007 10:16 AM

Thanks you guys! I don't have any babies or kids yet. I am just tyring to get a head start on my stash. After reading on other message boards I come to the conclusion that I LOVE LOVE LOVE FB.. But after reading some reviews on here I am not kind of scared! I have 7 small FB now... I decided that I would try prefolds as well when I have a kiddo and see how they work :)

So how come some of the PUL don't fit your little ones? Is it because of the snaps or velcro?

I have never seen a fleece cover.. I haev only seen what I think is PUL and wool. Would someone mind showing me what a fleece looks like?