Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   scared...hcg levels...anybody know anything about this? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16299)

ashandri 06-21-2006 04:58 PM

scared...hcg levels...anybody know anything about this?

Okay...Here goes...I found out I was pregnant (surprise:) at my annual exam. They gave me a pregnancy test and it was positive. I had no idea how far along I was because my period is very irregular. Anyways, I went back in for an ultrasound a week later. They didn't see anything. The doc said that it could be an early miscarriage, an early pregnancy, or ectopic pregnancy. She did blood work to check hcg levels. My levels were 13,910, which they said were elevated. They took blood again yesterday and called today telling me that they were doubling normally. However, they don't know what's wrong. They said that I shouldn't cling to hope that I will have a successful pregnancy. They said that if my hcg was increasing normally they should have seen something on the ultrasound. They said that it is maybe a failing pregnancy. SO, the STILLcan't tell me anything. I am so down and scared. They scheduled another ultrasound for Friday to see if they could see anything. They didn't see a tubal pregnancy either last Friday. I don't understand. It is miserable not to know. I know God has a plan and I can handle whatever happens, but I just am so tired of not knowing. I am not feeling really bad, just nauseous (sp.??). Has anybody had anything like this happen to them? The doc acted like she had no clue, which made me more nervous:cry:

scatterbrainedmom 06-21-2006 05:36 PM

Re: scared...hcg levels...anybody know anything about this?

if they doubled that is GOOD news. there is SOMETHING there. you could just be really early and they not see the babe on an u/s

hacandsac 06-21-2006 06:03 PM

I had this with my ectopic pregnancy. I'm praying for you.

Jillybean 06-21-2006 06:05 PM

They can't tell anything definitive from testing your hcg level once, and the fact that it is increasing at a normal rate sounds like a good sign. Possible causes of high hcg levels are incorrect dating of preg., multiple gestations i.e. twins, and molar preg.. :hugs: to you I know the waiting has to be hard. I wish you th e best possible outcome.

1bigfamily 06-21-2006 06:19 PM

They had to do a vaginal US on me one time. :dunno: Was yours va regular one or a vaginal one?

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 06-21-2006 06:20 PM

def ask for the vaginal us if you havent already had that. My dr only does vaginal ones until 12 weeks so you can see something. Good luck I will be thinking about you!!

SarieQ 06-21-2006 06:34 PM

A friend of mine who was seeing doctors for a uterine cyst simultaneously had a pregnancy that they didn't detect until 12 weeks, despite ultrasounds! She's currently somewhere in the second trimester of a healthy pregnancy. So I know crazy things can happen...Saying a prayer for you.

momof4 06-21-2006 07:27 PM

I know someone who was told that the u/s showed no heartbeat at 8 weeks. They did a second ultrasound just before her scheduled D & E, and found a viable fetus. She's due for her c/section next week. Praying for a good outcome for you!

Samantha 06-21-2006 07:31 PM

:hugs: was it a vag. ultrasound or a regular one?

ashandri 06-22-2006 04:05 AM

They did a vaginal ultrasound last Friday. The doc said that with my numbers being elevated the way they were, they should have seen something. I think they said that 13,910 would have put me at around 4 weeks or something. You should be able to see something at that point, right? Since then, they have gone up even more (doubled I guess)... Thank you all for your prayers...

HACANDSAC...did your numbers double normally? did they see the tubal pregnancy on the ultrasound? did you have to have surgery? did you have pain? sorry for all the questions, I am just so nervous.