Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So many different washing instructions! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1633)

lepler 04-26-2006 05:55 PM

So many different washing instructions!

:eek:
How do you all manage washing all your stash when they have so many different washing instructions! When I first started building my stash, I thought all of them were to be washed in hot and dried on hot. Now I have some that have to have the liners in one temp and the diaper in another, and some that are hot wash and some not! I think I better look at what I'm buying more carefully and buy ones that all can be washed the same way. I'm wasting a lot of time and water/$$.

Linda

Elphaba71 04-26-2006 09:31 PM

Re: So many different washing instructions!

I wash everything together on hot and hang dry pockets, covers and wetbags, leaving inserts and prefold to dry together on hot. Not complicated at all and it's working great for me.

ltelly00 04-26-2006 11:23 PM

I wash and dry everything together. It all goes through a warm wash/cold rinse with soap and a hot wash/cold rinse with no soap. Occasionally I'll add a hot wash/cold rinse with vinegar in the middle. Then it all gets thrown in the dryer on med/high. What doesn't get dry in one cycle gets hung.
What do you have that you wash differently? The only thing I wash seperate is my wool because that can't go through the machine.

jodi5 04-27-2006 12:15 AM

I wash covers together and hang dry them. Everything else gets washed in hot water and thrown in the dryer or line dry when I have the chance.

Samantha 04-27-2006 12:37 AM

Linda from HH went on record saying that you can dry PUL in the dryer and it will last just as long as if it was hang dried.

Its really a personal choice really....If you want your fleece to look like new...dont wash it with the inserts...PITA....YES....but your diapers will look like new longer.

If you dont CARE about a little piling of your fleece...throw everythign in together.

I throw all of my diapers in the washer together followed by throwing them in the dryer on med/hi (including PUL) that being said...when I first started out I did hang dry my PUL...until I read what Linda had to say (I listen to her because shes like a mega wahm and I think she knows what shes talking about)

lepler 04-28-2006 12:31 PM

Thanks for the help. I have a couple of dipes that say either cold wash or warm wash and the insert on one has to be washed in hot separately from the diaper. I finally just put them all in together and whatever doesn't survive doesn't need to stay around anyway. I don't have time or money for our expensive water to wash things by themselves.

Thanks again!
Linda