Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   38 Week Checkup! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16401)

Manna00 06-21-2006 11:53 PM

38 Week Checkup!

We had our 38 week checkup today!! We FINALLY got to do a dialation check--I'm 2 CMs dialated! My doctor also said that I was 50% "thinned out".... he seemed pleased...but he wouldn't tell me "Good show... maybe one more week"... or "Don't get your hopes up for going early, kid."... doctors...

Does this sound like good progress at 38 weeks with my first baby?

My doctor is a funny fella though. We sat down to discuss my birth plan and he stopped and said, out of the blue "I am so excited about your cervix!".... We all just busted out laughing... I asked him if he wanted that on a t-shirt. I didn't mention I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil every which way and Red Raspberry Leaf Caplets.... and doing the "get-the-baby-out" dance any time possible! :)

Just wanted to share the good? news! :lostit: Come on, Sam!!!

momof4 06-22-2006 02:54 AM

Re: 38 Week Checkup!

Hey, DDB, great news! Race ya to the finish line! I'm also a teeny bit (1 cm) dilated. Hate to disillusion you, but that could mean tomorrow or 3 weeks from now, which is why your doctor wouldn't say any more. :waiting: Still, only 11 more days till our "official" due date. Hang in there; we'll be CD'ing these little bundles very soon.

GrowingUpMad 06-22-2006 04:47 AM

I was dilated to 4 at the end of January/early February and 75% thinned out, my son wasn't born until March 3rd. Even the doc thought he'd arrive earlier than he actually did. It was nice and easy though, by the time I went to the hospital (finally figured out it was actually labor) I was already dilated past 7 and I was holding my son about 2 hours later. It's coming soon and believe it or not one day you will miss being pregnant. This is my 3rd and I am not rushing it at all.

Manna00 06-22-2006 06:31 AM

With how "easy" this pregnancy has been I never thought I would want to "rush" it... but, man alive... I've finally reached the point where NOTHING is comfortable and I'm kind of tired of seeing my pretty nursery being the storage room!! However, I KNOW I will miss being pregnant! Thank goodness DH got his infertility issue under control--hopefully we won't have to wait nearly as long (3 years) to get pregnant again. I guess bottom line--I haven't got much time left!! I'm sooo ready to meet this kiddo!

bethanyjoy 06-22-2006 06:51 AM

:hugs: Excited for you! It'll be over before you know it now...try and savour the last few days of being pregnant, I know it's hard, but strangely enough when your baby is born, you'll find yourself missing those kicks and wiggles inside. :giggle:

So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon 06-22-2006 08:20 AM

You're almost there!!! Yeah! Come on baby Samuel:)

rds989 06-22-2006 12:12 PM

Yay! Even if you have to wait a few more weeks, your cervix is already 20% there!!

Sarah0903 06-22-2006 01:46 PM

Great!! That is really good for a first baby. I was 40 weeks and not even thinned at all wth my first. With my second at 38 weeks I was only 1 cm. I think it will be anyday. Can't wait for pics.