Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Advice for Preterm labour (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1648)

SarieQ 04-26-2006 06:59 PM

Advice for Preterm labour

I am at 26 weeks and starting to show signs of preterm labour. I'm already dilated to 1 cm and have contractions from time to time. Any advice for making this baby stay in? I'm worried.

Samantha 04-26-2006 07:09 PM

Re: Advice for Preterm labour

being 1cm at this point isnt HORRIBLE. Everyone dialates at a different pace. Some start earlier and some dont budge until they are in labor. I was 1cm dialated at 28wks but, I was in preterm labor too (in the hospital twice a week to stop labor) If it makes you feel better I walked around 4cm for a MONTH before I had DS

My biggest advice is REST and drink LOTS of water. Flood yourself with water because if you get dehydrated it can put you in labor.

If you start having contractions contact your doc....you might need to go in, be monitored and get some terb.

CMamma 04-26-2006 07:20 PM

I agree w/PP. I had preterm labor & was hospitalized monthly for both pregnancies. Keep yourself soooooooo hydrated, I can't say this enough. If you think something is wrong go to the hospital. They can always give you Terb or Mag Sulf to stop it if needed like I had. W/DS #1 I went into pre-term labor several times & 2 weeks before my DD I was 4 cm & then had him 2 weeks late! W/DS#2 I was 1 cm from about 30 weeks until 37 when I had him.

Samantha 04-26-2006 07:26 PM

Oh yes and I will tell you the story with my DS too.

I started PTL at 28wks. I was in the hospital TWICE a week having my labor stopped. I was often there for hours and twice (that I remember) I had to stay for a few days. At 33wks they gave me the shot to beef up his lungs thinking soon they wouldnt beable to stop it. I went gradually from 1cm-4cm between 28wks and 36.5wks. at 36.5wks they said they wouldnt stop me anymore. I didnt have a SINGLE contraction the next 4 weeks. (besides BHs) At 40w4d my water broke and I had him....All that PTL and he went overdue.

With DD...I had NOTHING. At 38wks they induced me(which I WONT be going through that again!) and she still didnt want to come out. After 11hrs of no progression I thought they were going to c-section me...I think they were thinking about it when I said "I NEED TO PUSH" (I had been checked 15 min before and was at a 5 so I went 5-10 in less than 15min!)

Anyways....just rest and flood yoruself with water! ((HUGS))

Christy 04-26-2006 08:49 PM

I totally agree with the pp's. I've had preterm labor with this pregnancy since 28 weeks (dilation, contractions, spotting, bedrest) now I'm at 36 weeks and nothing! The bedrest and drinking water helped me ALOT! ((Hugs))

allycat 04-26-2006 09:18 PM

I had preterm labour with 3 of my kiddos, and they were all full term. I was on bedrest, took daily naps, stayed hydrated and got lots of help from family members. I had to get non-stress tests for 2 of them. Hope everything for you turns out well!
Alison