Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   About to call it quits on pumping (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164819)

Namaste 06-12-2007 09:03 AM

About to call it quits on pumping

My last job drained my breastmilk. That job was even more physically demanding than when I had more own kids. I was getting 8 ounces a day and now I'm lucky to get four. We are heading back east on Thursday for almost three weeks and I don't know if I want to lug around my pump as we will be on the go a lot.

I thinking about hanging up the horns while I am away and trying again when we get back.

For those of you who don't know, I began my relacation process in March, hoping to help my toddler with her colds. Since getting my breastmilk, her runny nose has disappeared.

I don't know.

sourpatch_babe 06-12-2007 09:11 AM

Re: About to call it quits on pumping

Have you tried Mother's Milk tea? I know it tastes like butt but it will literally give you more milk than you can handle (at least it did for me). I would drink three cups of that a day and the next day I would get engorged just like when my milk first came in. How about fenugreek?

mamandeyuri 06-12-2007 09:11 AM

Maybe she has allergies? I amd still bf my 13mo old. he had colds, pneumonia, roseola and an constant runny nose. Turned out he's allergic to wheat, eggs, and peanuts... after eliminating those items from my diet and his- it's all better.

Namaste 06-12-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe (Post 1270082)
Have you tried Mother's Milk tea? I know it tastes like butt but it will literally give you more milk than you can handle (at least it did for me). I would drink three cups of that a day and the next day I would get engorged just like when my milk first came in. How about fenugreek?

I have all that stuff, but when you are too tired to hook up to the machine, it isn't going to work, kwim?

Namaste 06-12-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamandeyuri (Post 1270084)
Maybe she has allergies? I amd still bf my 13mo old. he had colds, pneumonia, roseola and an constant runny nose. Turned out he's allergic to wheat, eggs, and peanuts... after eliminating those items from my diet and his- it's all better.

I've wondered that as well. I do know that ever since she's been getting breastmilk, the runny nose went away. I'm staying away from strawberries because I suspect that she's developing an allergy to them because whenever she eats them, she gets a runny nose.

Oh, the decisions.

mamandeyuri 06-12-2007 09:25 AM

All in all, hang it up. I felt that way right before school was out. I wasn't even pumping some days. I had to write out final exams, grade 75 exams, make sure my seniors could graduate. And for some reason, I lugged the Pump in style around like I was going to use it. I was too tired to get it out, I'd eat lunch instead of pumping...

You may want to consider getting her tested just for your piece of mind. For babies/toddlers its only 12 lttile sticks, and you can decide which ones you want.