Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   alpha omega?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165569)

Nikkis_Little_Ladies 06-13-2007 12:00 PM

alpha omega??

DD is 8 months old and is @ 17 lbs and 27 inches. I know all the rules about hight/weigh/front/rear facing, but I don't know what seat to get her. I love the alpha omegas, and my other two DDs have them. But now three yrs later they have so many other new choices.. I know everyone likes the britax, but we can not swing 300$ right now and DDs feet are practicly hanging our of her infant graco seat.

Any sugestions?? thanks

trashley 06-13-2007 12:06 PM

Re: alpha omega??

I love my alpha omega, I'll probably buy 2 more for the other car.

www.albeebaby.com usually always has one of the alpha omega prints on sale for a great deal. I got mine for $80!!!

If I didnt get the AO, the only other one I would consider is a Britax.

Nikkis_Little_Ladies 06-13-2007 12:12 PM

This is the one I want to get, and I have been saving paypal for. I have 98$ saved so far, so I'm getting closer.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

kimsclothkids 06-13-2007 12:41 PM

I love that seat!! That is sooooooooo pretty. Both of my boys ride in an Alpha Omega!!

Bug-a-boo's mom 06-13-2007 12:48 PM

I have a Cosco AOE and have had no problems with it. Definitely not the most fun seat to install. K seems quite comfy in it. But, and I discovered this after we had already received the seat, it doesn't 5 pt harness past 40 lbs. It is ideal for DC to be in a 5 pt harness as long as possible. So I just bought a Britax for my car where K will be able to be harnessed to 65 lbs. The AOE is going to my DH car and when K hits 40 lbs, we are getting a Britax Regent.

Another seat to check out is Sunshine Kids Radian 65 or 80. The 65 is about $199, when I checked a few months back, might be a better deal now. It harnesses to 65 lbs. I know that my AOE was $159 at BRU, so for not a lot more, you could get one that harnesses longer.

Good luck~:goodvibes:

jackie010307 06-13-2007 03:24 PM

Just a warning, the AO and AOE are ourgrown by height before most kids are ready for a booster. The top notch CANNOT be used for the 5 point harness, it is only to use to position the headrest in booster mode. It is not reinforced. Most kids outgrow the 5 point harness by 3 years old, which is too young for a booster. This is not the last seat anyone will ever need! They also do not make great boosters. The best thing I can say about them is they rear face to 35lbs. They are definately not worth the money, IMO, when you will just have to buy another seat anyway!

OwensMama 06-13-2007 04:23 PM

:yeahthat:

They aren't bad seats, but they will not be the last seat you need, VERY false advertising, and they are not worth the price you pay. They really are only good for RFing. Short top slots for FFing and make a bad booster.

My son is 28 months (not even 2 1/2!!!) and has about a quarter of an inch of growth left in the AO seat.

arly1983 06-13-2007 04:30 PM

:yeahthat:

What the two previous posters said...Jackson has been too big for the harness of the AOE for 5 months...

I know you said you can't afford a britax but whatabout a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe, Britax makes it and it has the same shell as the Marathon. There are just no pretty plush covers though they look just as nice as the AOE (to me). This one is 129.99 at Albeebaby and that is about the same price as an AOE.

jlanni 06-13-2007 10:49 PM

i've got a alpha omega and love it! its awesome! ds is a chunky monkey and weighs 23lbs and is 28" @ 5 months. i'm like you i can't swing 300.00 for a carseat, i cried when i paid 213.00 for this one...:giggle:

ChurchPunkMom 06-13-2007 11:13 PM

I personally, would never get one. But that's mostly because it's made by Cosco. I just don't trust them - not a good company. That said, the people I've known who've used them, seemed quite happy with them. ;)