Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   TMI---ADIOS mucus plug! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16569)

Manna00 06-22-2006 02:27 PM

TMI---ADIOS mucus plug!

So... I JUST went to the bathroom and went to wipe.. and lo, and behold... the "legendary" snot ball. I'm 38 weeks and 3 days.. just had my cervix checked and was dialated 2 CM yesterday and I was 50% effaced.

So.... we have birthing class tonight (the LAST one.. infact CPR)...it's held at the hospital we are going to deliver at. I'm thinkign that might be a good thing :)

Do these chain of events mean anything? I know some women lose their plugs weeks before anything... but this is ONE major big chunk of plug... so I'm thinking it isn't comin' out in little bits. Yeeck.

Whoo... pray for me, ladies!

Bare Bottom Gear 06-22-2006 02:35 PM

Re: TMI---ADIOS mucus plug!

Mine came out in one big thing like that and I delivered w/in 2 wks of that I believe. Had dd at 39 weeks+.

Don't remember ever loosing it with ds....he didn't want to come out at all and stayed in an extra week and a half. Am thinking it came out it bits because I don't remember finding it! LOL

Good luck mama! You're almost there!

MamaLove 06-22-2006 02:43 PM

Woohoo! Prayers and graceful delivery vibes comin your way! :goodvibes:

momof4 06-22-2006 06:50 PM

Hey, that's great! Looks like you might beat me, but my pregnancies always run long anyway. Go, baby, go! :yay:

Blackbirdlane 06-22-2006 08:21 PM

when I lost mine with dd I started having contractions within a few hours. I lost my plug, then my water broke. my water always breaks first though before contractions start.

good luck!!

bfoster2000 06-22-2006 08:29 PM

I lost mine with DJ a few days before my water broke...then the contractions started and I was holding him within a few hours. Woohoo!! Let's get this show on the road...maybe you'll start a chain reaction...I'm next!! :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Manna00 06-22-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbirdlane
when I lost mine with dd I started having contractions within a few hours. I lost my plug, then my water broke. my water always breaks first though before contractions start.

good luck!!

That is sooo nice to know!! I haven't had any contractions yet.... maybe in a few more days though :) I just lost another bit after DH and I were done taking other "measures" to get Sam out soon... :giggle: I can't image there being much more left now! Come on, dude! :)

Melissa 06-23-2006 12:20 AM

I think it can regenerate itself too..

But I lost mine with in hours of my first and then pieces with the girls. So I am not the best of help. My sis is 38 weeks 2 days!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

~stacy~ 06-23-2006 04:05 AM

Yup. I lost mine at 4 pm on Friday and DS was born 10:03 am on Saturday.

It's imminent now. :mrgreen:

GL!

GrowingUpMad 06-23-2006 07:17 AM

I lost mine about 2 weeks or so before ds arrived. With dd I never lost it as I was induced early. I'm anxious to see how long until you have your little man.