Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   what about regular clothes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166288)

tea4two321 06-14-2007 03:02 PM

what about regular clothes?

I know so many of the dipes out there seem just too cute to cover up, so many of you put your kiddos in baby legs. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the look, but that's just my opinion! What I'm wondering is....do you leave the diaper exposed because its so cute, or because regular clothes don't fit right (due to bulk)? I have so many cute outfits for our little one arriving in October, but I want to use cd's. Am I going to have a problem? By the way, both my dh and I are allergic to wool, so we won't even try anything wool for sometime, so shorties, etc. are out.

mommy2alex2004 06-14-2007 03:23 PM

Re: what about regular clothes?

With DS I used only pockets and AIOs. I didn't like pf or fitteds with him at all. We never tried wool (probably better on my pocket). I never had a bulk issue except when I attempted pf or fitteds. His stash almost 90
% GADs.

With DD, we use fitteds/wool, pockets and AIOs. I admit I use fitteds/wool mostly when wearing dresses but she wears those a lot. With AIOs/pockets we still don't have bulk. I have used Babylegs with each of the children. With DS it was just when we started PTing and I was worried about his legs being cold since it decided he didn't want to wear dipes anymore in the winter. With DD, we used Babylegs when wearing dresses in the winter. That was pretty much it.

I never really let DS run around in just his dipe but he wasn't CDed until 11/12 mo. He always got to wear his cute clothes. DD gets to show off her pretty fluff all the time with her dresses.

blissfullyblessed 06-14-2007 03:40 PM

I didn't cd dd until she was about 14 months old. I don't know why, but I've always had a problem w/seeing a baby in just a diaper - somethin personal - weird I know. So, this is something huge for me to get past! I struggle w/going in public and dd being in a shirt and a diaper - don't know why I just do. I'm getting some custom aio's soon, and I won't have a choice - I guess this way my 'steppin out' diapers - I dunno. So, I've always clothed dd fully over her cd's. With our next dc I do plan to use babylegs a lot - just bc w/so frequent nb changing it will make things a whole lot easier - but that's just my opinion. You'll find a flow that works for ya'll! Congrats on your baby coming in October!!! :)

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 06-14-2007 03:42 PM

Its easier in the summer b/c I just buy bigger shorts. I buy him "board shorts" and they're kind of like little man-pris (capris LOL) on him. Winter is harder - I end up rolling pants. I have found the love for the style that cuffs and buttons, b/c usually when they are cuffed they are full length on him when I buy a bigger size. My 18 month old, who IS big, wears 4t shorts! I use fittedsw/ covers. When I used pockets, they were trimmer.

Suzanne 06-14-2007 04:24 PM

I never have a problem putting regular cloths over my DS's GAD's.

kocho 06-14-2007 04:31 PM

Like others have said, I use the cute diapers with DD's dresses. I do sometimes have trouble fitting things under regular clothes, but pockets seem pretty trim.

zenmama 06-14-2007 04:35 PM

my dd was born last october and has been in cloth since birth. all outfits fit her fine and we have never had a fot issue. At 8 months 6-12 mo size clothes fit her great.
we love babylegs and huggalugs but thats us!

Jewelgurl137 06-14-2007 04:52 PM

I do not typically just use a diaper when out either. I like my regular clothes for my kids, which is why I use mainly trim pockets. I love my fitteds and wool for around the house though.

fostermomcchr 06-14-2007 05:32 PM

I don't leave the babies in just a dipe-just me, but I think the dipe should be under clothes, not replace them. I use pockets & AIOs only and never have a fit issue w/clothes. I personally do not like the look of babylegs, I just think they look weird!

MommytoAly+Timmy 06-14-2007 06:59 PM

I have dipes for under regular clothes (GADs), then I have dipes to be shown off (PP or ZZ) and they get worn around the house w/or w/o babylegs. At first I never got the appeal of babylegs, but that was before I was BWing and CDing all the time. Now I'm obsessed and think they're darling.

Then when I do wool I make matching shirts (or have them done for me) and they become little outfits.