Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O babysitter charges, how much do you pay for daycare? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167124)

madmax 06-15-2007 08:15 PM

S/O babysitter charges, how much do you pay for daycare?

I'm interested in knowing how much everyone else pays for daycare. I know it goes by where you live, so if you want to share any info please do!

We live in Kansas and we pay upwards of $1200 a month for two kids full time.

Sad part of it is our mortgage is only $1210 for a 5 bedroom house! :banghead:

I don't like my kids being in daycare but we are doing what's best for us as a family. NO FLAMES PLEASE!

I can't be the only one with kids in daycare on this site?!

Kimmyann 06-15-2007 08:17 PM

Re: S/O babysitter charges, how much do you pay for daycare?

I just enrolled my LO into daycare today to start in September. Its $970 a month for full time. :yuck:

ferrferr 06-15-2007 08:22 PM

I was paying $150 a week for my 2 1.2 year old for 3 days a week. So $600 a month. I'm staying home now because once DD#2 is here it would have been nearing on $1,400 a month for a toddler and an infant. That's more than I made in a month so it would have taken ALL my check then like $200 out of my boyfriends check. I can just spend that $200 on my o-op habits now. :laugh:

madmax 06-15-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrferr (Post 1291595)
I was paying $150 a week for my 2 1.2 year old for 3 days a week. So $600 a month. I'm staying home now because once DD#2 is here it would have been nearing on $1,400 a month for a toddler and an infant. That's more than I made in a month so it would have taken ALL my check then like $200 out of my boyfriends check. I can just spend that $200 on my o-op habits now. :laugh:

Exactly what we are starting to witness. The d.c. is raising prices soon so we will be going negative every month. :banghead:

I plan on quitting soon as I'm going back to school this fall, but that's 3 months away!

redheadedangels 06-15-2007 09:02 PM

I stay home now but when my older one was in daycare as a toddler/preschooler it was 120/week but I"m sure its probly closer to
140/week now as they raised the prices every january. That was for the older 3yos upstairs. The babies and young toddlers that were downstairs were more than that. We're in central MO (JC) and that is about the average going rate for daycare centers. Home daycares were around 80-100/week.

BRIDEN 06-15-2007 09:07 PM

I was paying a Home daycare- 300 a week for both. IN teh fall, my oldest will be in preschool 130 a week and youngest 160 a week at home daycare. IF they were in a public center- it would be about 190-220 for youngest adn 150-170 for oldest... so about 340-390 a week...

mom2riley 06-15-2007 09:11 PM

I am a DCP and get paid:
$100/wk for FT (9hrs a day) 5yr old
$100/wk for FT (10 hrs a day 4 days a week) 2 1/2 yr old (DS's best friend)
$110/wk for normally PT care, but the option to bring FT 4mo old

Katherine 06-15-2007 09:12 PM

Ugh. We pay $140/week for an in-home sitter. I did the math on the yearly costs once and it was scary - suffice it to say, we could send her to college for the amount we pay in childcare. We actually pay a good price - I almost had to put dd in an actual daycare center, and they wanted $209/week. I was like, seriously? That was more monthly than we spent on rent then! We almost went to having DH stay home w/ dd, but we would have eben out, like, $300/month or so that we desperatly needed at the time.

madmax 06-15-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brveille (Post 1291840)
I was paying a Home daycare- 300 a week for both. IN teh fall, my oldest will be in preschool 130 a week and youngest 160 a week at home daycare. IF they were in a public center- it would be about 190-220 for youngest adn 150-170 for oldest... so about 340-390 a week...

My kiddos only go to an in home d.c. She is the one who decides how much to charge. With her place being 5 minutes from the university she does pretty good business imo.

If they were to go to a public place it would cost me $300 more every month. So $1500 and that is too rich for my blood!

DiaperDiva 06-15-2007 09:26 PM

We have a nanny, kind of. She is actually our friend/babysitter, and she comes for 3 hours a day, 3 days a week (besides babysitting) and works with my autistic son. She takes him to the park, the zoo, to do pottery (even though he just tried to eat the paint). we all go together to the kids play gym, and the water park, etc. We pay her $125 a week for those 9 hours. I wish we could afford to give her more. she is a good friend, and i know she is spending at least $25 of that on traveling to and from my home. and she pays out of pocket for the activities she takes my son to do.