Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BEST Infant Carseat..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167863)

nikkiof5 06-17-2007 11:14 AM

BEST Infant Carseat.....

I usually go with Britax. Are they the best? Spam and link please!!! :goodvibes:

Lucky Child 06-17-2007 11:17 AM

Re: BEST Infant Carseat.....

Good Question. We always use graco snugrides for infant and then move to britax, just not sure if that's best. We have a graco safeseat for the infant stage...

akrab 06-17-2007 11:21 AM

someone had mentioned in one of my threads that Britax do not fit infants well. I have always used some type of infant car seat carrier but we have decided this time to go with an infant friendly convertable and wear the baby when not in the van... since we always carry our babies anyways even if we have an infant carrier car seat LOL

let me pull my post and see the 3 that were recommended to me :thumbsup:

akrab 06-17-2007 11:23 AM

OK this was posted to me by Papooses...

Britaxes rarely fit newborns properly :o Safety 1st Uptown, Sunshine Kids Radian & the new Evenflo Triumph Advance fit newborns well -- Radian tethers RF but may not fit your vehicle as easily as the others ... Triumph Advance keeps kids harnessed almost as long as the Radian & is super easy to use ... Uptown is the least expensive & lightest weight, but has the lowest limits.

the Triumph she said comes out in about 2 or 3 weeks... it is brand new.

ferrferr 06-17-2007 11:25 AM

We looked at some of the "convertible" seats and decided that it just didn't look like it would give Sophia the support and recline we feel comfortable with. Her Graco Snugride just showed up yesterday. I guess I'd rather have the infant seat (I don't like taking a sleeping baby from a car seat because I *always* wake them up). :)

mom2riley 06-17-2007 11:25 AM

If I was to have another baby I would go with a Radian from the start. Either the Como or the Signo. I just preordered a Como and they look like they have more padding/support and would fit an infant better. I would just skip the infant seat, I usually only use them for a couple months anyway. I would rather just buy a seat that will last from the beginning, especially if I had to buy 2. Congratulations again, I can't wait to see your NB stashes.
http://www.recaro.com/fileadmin/exte...oung_Seats.pdf
http://www.strollandgo.com/Recaro-Chld-Seat_c_109.html

akrab 06-17-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrferr (Post 1297945)
We looked at some of the "convertible" seats and decided that it just didn't look like it would give Sophia the support and recline we feel comfortable with. Her Graco Snugride just showed up yesterday. I guess I'd rather have the infant seat (I don't like taking a sleeping baby from a car seat because I *always* wake them up). :)

do you leave the baby in the seat to sleep when not in the car? they now say it is a cause of sids.... I never let my babys sleep in a car seat... I had a friend years and years ago that let her daughter practically live in a car seat carrier :cry: NOT saying you do that, just saying that is one of the reasons I never left mine in one.... such sad memories.

ferrferr 06-17-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrab (Post 1297950)
do you leave the baby in the seat to sleep when not in the car? they now say it is a cause of sids.... I never let my babys sleep in a car seat... I had a friend years and years ago that let her daughter practically live in a car seat carrier :cry: NOT saying you do that, just saying that is one of the reasons I never left mine in one.... such sad memories.

If the kid falls asleep in the seat I'll leave her there. I have a 2 1/2 year old who did that many a-times as an infant and she's fine. She's dumping Kix out all over my livingroom as I type. :p

Honestly I think SIDS is one of those crappy blanket terms for infant death. It's used as a scare tactic and I think it's sick.

nikkiof5 06-17-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrab (Post 1297950)

I never did with dd as I used wraps with her but with 2 plus a 2 year old :lostit: Im thinking I only have 2 hands. :giggle: How would I carry 2 NB's plus wrangle a 2YO without something to contain them?

Samantha 06-17-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrab (Post 1297937)
OK this was posted to me by Papooses...

Britaxes rarely fit newborns properly :o Safety 1st Uptown, Sunshine Kids Radian & the new Evenflo Triumph Advance fit newborns well -- Radian tethers RF but may not fit your vehicle as easily as the others ... Triumph Advance keeps kids harnessed almost as long as the Radian & is super easy to use ... Uptown is the least expensive & lightest weight, but has the lowest limits.

She was talking about the britax convertibles :) Not the Companion (which is their infant seat)

If you are looking for a bucket seat we love our Companion. We used it for DD and DS#2.