Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Update! I am ready to rip my hair out!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169103)

ashleynjacy 06-19-2007 11:03 AM

Update! I am ready to rip my hair out!!!

First off, I love my dd with all of my heart but I am ready to rip my hair out! She is 17 months old and already throws horrible temper tantrums...like kicking, screaming, biting, and hitting. If she wants something and I don't give it to her she flips out. I know this is all normal but gosh. The newest thing is she can get out of the crib. Today I put her in the crib while I got dressed and she pulled herself up and onto the side. She was literally straddling the crib! She is only 17 months.:banghead: She doesn't like to go to sleep to begin with, how will I ever use a big girl bed?!?!?:banghead: We used to cosleep when I still breastfed but she tossed and turned the entire night and it was not safe for her. Once I put her in the crib (right next to me) she started sleeping better. She is also starting to climb on top of everything! SHe thinks she is a jungle woman.
I just need a little break...lol. I have such a headache and she screams high enough to break glass!:cry:

MamaPajama79 06-19-2007 11:47 AM

Re: I am ready to rip my hair out!!!

Sounds like you just described my DS when he was that age. Now he's 3 1/2 and starting to become a human being again. :laugh: But seriously, this too shall pass.

ashleynjacy 06-19-2007 11:52 AM

:cry: It is so hard to deal with sometimes. I called my husband to tell him how I felt and he started laughing cause I said I wanted to cry. I think he thought I was kidding:banghead:

dessismama 06-19-2007 11:54 AM

:hugs:

It is a very hard stage!! But believe me this too shall pass. Your DD will get more verbal and things will settle!

I have a DD who was a complete disaster until she was 8. The temper tantrums, the screaming... Oh my! I could not take her anywhere in public!!

Now at 11, she is a joy to be with.

texasmegal 06-19-2007 01:42 PM

maybe u can get a crib tent. keep her in there at least.

ashleynjacy 06-19-2007 01:43 PM

so guess what?!?!? Jacy just fell out of her crib! I put babylegs and socks on her so she would have no grip. I walked out the room and hear "plop" and she was on the floor. She cried for 2 seconds and was fine though.:cry: Do I just bring her in my bed or do the side-car arranegment? I am not ready for her to be in a real toddler bed. She would NEVER sleep!:cry:

9800Emily 06-19-2007 02:06 PM

:hugs: My dd has been acting the same way, and it just seems to be getting worse. :banghead: She's 17 months too. Abby's hates to go to sleep to, but I'm no help with that. It's gotten to the point were I just let her stay up until she finally falls asleep, and then she sleeps half the day. If we have some where to go I wake her up, but if not I just let her set her own schedule. Its just easier than trying to get her to sleep for hours and even then she doesn't always go to sleep. Less stressful for me, and dd seems to get more sleep and be in a better mood.
Is your crib on the lowest setting? Our porta crib is also deeper than a normal one, so maybe she could sleep in one of those for a while.
With the climbing, once Abby has fallen off of something a couple of times, she generally screams for help down.

ashleynjacy 06-19-2007 02:36 PM

o my dd is not a scream for help kind of kid...lol. It is on the lowest setting. She is kinda tall though. She is almost 17 months and is like 34 inches at least. SHe can throw her leg over the tallest part of the crib. I think I am going to go get a crib tent tonight. It is better than her hurting herself!

Leininger27 06-19-2007 03:26 PM

I would definitely go and get a crib tent if you don't feel she is ready for a toddler bed. Soon enough it shall pass (at least we all hope)! :mrgreen:

a_cthelen 06-19-2007 05:34 PM

Ah, it must be something about 17 months as my son is acting the same way. Talk about a crazy kid! I find that the more I get him out and about the better he is. We spend A LOT of time outside. It helps us both immensely!